Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable To D/l Pictures From Yahoo Mail Onto Hard Drive

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 phatmonkey007

phatmonkey007

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 AM

Posted 21 July 2006 - 02:39 PM

Can someone please help me when i try to save as.. or download a picture sent to me on yahoo mail onto my hard drive the picture will not show up all i get is the file name with a lil picture of a sailboat sailin into the sunset but no picture which forces me to copy n paste the pic into paintshop and makes the image look miserable someone please help!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,995 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2006 - 03:02 PM

Assuming Yahoo is not your primary account,IP, email the pictures from Yahoo to your primary account. Then transfer to your harddrive.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2006 - 07:33 PM

When you are downloading the attachment, are you clicking on "scan and save to computer" then clicking on "download attachment" on the next screen? Is this happening with all picture attachments, or just this one, and if the latter is the case, what is the file extension of the picture?
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 medab1

medab1

• Members
  • 698 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2006 - 08:04 PM

Can someone please help me when i try to save as.. or download a picture sent to me on yahoo mail onto my hard drive the picture will not show up all i get is the file name with a lil picture of a sailboat sailin into the sunset but no picture which forces me to copy n paste the pic into paintshop and makes the image look miserable someone please help!!!

Right click the file name & choose "Preview" from the menu.
Or "Open With" & choose a program.
The tiny boat is just the icon for .jpg files.

See Picture-

http://i5.tinypic.com/20p9fvb.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users