Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Help Upgrading my Gaming PC

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 coaxmetal

coaxmetal

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 PM

Posted 05 November 2015 - 01:26 AM

Hello!

My gaming PC is getting a bit old.

I have a Dual Core Intel Pentium G645 2.90GHz, with 8GB RAM, and a Radeon HD5750, running on Windows 7. So far, it has served me quite well, probably because I still use my old monitor (a 15" Samsung, at 1024x768).

For example, I can play GTA V and Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor on the lowest detail levels at around 30fps. Killing Floor 2 runs pretty well even with vSync, if I remove fancy stuff like Ambient Occlusion and Motion Blur. On the other hand, more demanding games like Far Cry 4 and Watch_Dogs are practically unplayable.

I've never been much of a hardware nerd, so I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me what I should upgrade to get better performance on the above games. It doesn't have to be state of the art, just something so I can play these games at a comfortable level. I'm perfectly okay with keeping my existing monitor, by the way, as it'll probably allow me to get better results without having to buy something extraordinary. (If I'm mistaken about that, please correct me.)

Thank you very much in advance!

:)

Here is my entire CPU-Z report:

Spoiler

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,366 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 AM

Posted 05 November 2015 - 08:21 AM

What motherboard are you using?

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#3 coaxmetal

coaxmetal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 PM

Posted 05 November 2015 - 10:41 AM

As it says on the CPU-Z report, it's an MSI MS-7798.

#4 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,366 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 AM

Posted 05 November 2015 - 11:13 AM

You could upgrade your cpu to an i5-2500k and your graphics card can be upgraded to just about anything.

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users