Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

removing Java

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dave1969

dave1969

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 AM

Posted 04 November 2015 - 11:03 PM

Hello again. I tried to remove Java using add/remove programs like Java suggested- I have Windows XP and it did remove the 1.8 runtime version I believe but I still have the 1.7 runtime version with folders in many different places. Their uninstall tool only removes older versions - not the current one. I did a search on your site and didn't find any specifics and your tutorial section was down. Is there an easy way to get all of Java off my computer? Java is no longer listed in add/remove programs or Ccleaner uninstall either. I don't want to update it either because the last time I tried to it said it couldn't be guaranteed to work right with XP,thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dave1969

dave1969
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 AM

Posted 08 November 2015 - 11:16 AM

I have a follow up question. I found a Java removal program from SingularLabs called JavaRa 2.6 but when I opened it up with WinZip it said it was a questionable type of .exe file. I believe it was  GNU software. Has anyone used this who could advise me as to if it works ok and is safe to use. thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users