Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista O/S not allowing new Mouse Hardeware to install

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 glenn colthart

glenn colthart

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 AM

Posted 04 November 2015 - 10:54 PM

My old mouse stopped working suddendly and I purchased new mouse with wire and install disc. CD drive would not read disc and not install new mouse hardware What could be the problem Thanks in advance for any input for the problem

gmcolt

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MarkMCS

MarkMCS

• Members
  • 161 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 AM

Posted 05 November 2015 - 05:39 AM

Hello Glenn,

First I want to say the mouse should work fine without the added software. When you plugged it in the first time, the basic drivers should have installed automatically.  Are you able to use the new mouse? 

As for the installation software, this is to give you some additional functionality, like changing what a button does, etc.  

You should be able to go to the manufacturers website and download the software you're trying to install.  What is the make and model of your mouse?

As far as your cd drive goes, are you saying that when you insert the disc, it doesn't show up in your computer window? (start>computer), or are you saying the installation doesn't autostart?   You may just need to click on the disk to start installation, or open the software folder and click the installation.exe to start the installation.  

Does your drive work with other disks?  Please clarify if this is not the case.

Mark

Edited by MarkMCS, 05 November 2015 - 05:42 AM.

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.  -Emo Phillips

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users