Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Belarc Advisor question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Moe_P

Moe_P

• Members
  • 315 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 AM

Posted 04 November 2015 - 08:32 PM

Windows 8.1 x64 on Acer Aspire desktop, I downloaded Belarc advisor and in the results screen it says 3 important updates are missing, would some advice on them as they did not show up in the updates.   Thanks

Attached File  Belarc.jpg   60.19KB   0 downloads

Moe_P

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,629 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2015 - 09:19 PM

Hi Moe :)

From what I can see, these are security updates for Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2005 to 2008 that dates from 2011. It's possible that these updates were included in future updates (like the SP, Patch, etc.) and therefore aren't needed anymore on your system. Of course, if you don't have them installed, these updates don't apply to you either.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 Moe_P

Moe_P
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 315 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2015 - 07:42 AM

OK, Thank you.

Moe_P

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,629 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2015 - 07:47 AM

No problem Moe, you're welcome :)

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users