Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help needed please with a problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 basicbri2611

basicbri2611

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 PM

Posted 04 November 2015 - 04:38 PM

Hi guys
I recently had a problem on here with my CF-1)19k tough book  that was locked down
and passworded in the bios as well as the windows, by my brother whom I had a argument with and told him to leave my house....long story.

But quick update I removed my drive put it in my external read write piece of kit, and did a complete low level format with great success.
But when I coppied my windows disk over from dos to my hard drive, it boots but won't install any further with out the CF-19k drivers, so it at a standstill.

I have found the drivers for the CF-19K but they are all  EXE: files so there is the problem....

Now guys is their a way to install these EXE:...files and include them in my boot  disk
So that when windows vista premium looks for them' it can find them and install the drivers,  or is there another way.

ANY HELP PLEASE"""
Many thanks
Basicbri

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,994 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 PM

Posted 08 November 2015 - 06:42 PM

it boots but won't install any further

Can you expand on this please. To what stage does it boot ?  The BIOS screen, a black screen with a blinking cursor, the Windows Welcome screen, where?

If the computer boots fully but with the purely generic driver set - for example 640x480 VGA graphics - then if you have these drivers on a memory stick you can run them from that. Open 'windows explorer', navigate to wherever you have the drivers and double click on them one at a time to run and install them. Once you have done this you will need to re-boot your computer for them to take effect.

Chris Cosgrove

I am going to be away until about the 22nd October. Time on-line will be reduced and my internet access may be limited. PMs may not be replied to as quickly as normal !

#3 basicbri2611

basicbri2611
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 PM

Posted 08 November 2015 - 07:24 PM

Hi Chris
Chees for your reply, when the laptop boots it begins to install windows vista prem but stops installing when it can't find the laptops drivers.

Rgds
Basicbri

#4 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,994 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 PM

Posted 09 November 2015 - 07:29 PM

Where did you get these drivers from ? A quick google suggests that this is the 'go to' place to get them -

http://business.panasonic.com/support-computerstablets-downloads

All I can suggest at this point is that you put your drivers on a memory stick and plug it in before you start the install. Then at least you would have a location to point the Vista install at.

I have to say that any time I have done a complete Windows install the first thing is to run the Windows install disc, it carries basic drivers for virtually any piece of internal hardware it may come across which are sufficient to get the system up and running. You then install the motherboard and other drivers normally from a CD provided by the manufacturer.

Try the memory stick and let me know how you get on.

Chris Cosgrove

I am going to be away until about the 22nd October. Time on-line will be reduced and my internet access may be limited. PMs may not be replied to as quickly as normal !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users