Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Running windows and cannot stop IE from running in background

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 KJRose

KJRose

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:52 PM

Posted 04 November 2015 - 01:32 PM

I was referred to this forum because apparently I posted this in the wrong place. I apolgize for that. However regardless , I am so annoyed at this situation you have no idea. I ran adwcleaner, and all the tools I ran in the past from another problem I had with booting up. Still the pesky problem persists, once in a while I get someone talking on my computer with ads, once in a while... IE wants to know if you want to leave this page or stay on it,, Update Flash player.. and more. I run the cleaning tools and within a couple weeks there it is again.

I cannot find IE anywhere on my system so where in the world is it coming from.. When I upgraded from windows ?  Did it get burried someplace?

Anyhow I want it off my computer..

This is an Azus Laptop Model U52f

I am running windows 10 for a few months now

I use Chrome or Firefox as my browser

I have a pentium 4 

and my info is on my profile as to what motherboard etc.

Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 PM

Posted 04 November 2015 - 02:20 PM

Have you set a browser as the default browser? That's my first thought as to why you keep seeing IE mentioned. The

talking ads are a different issue and will likely require use of tools not allowed in this forum to find and remove.

Here is a link for info on setting Firefox as the default browser in Windows 10. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and you will see this:

Make Firefox your default browser | Firefox Help

Use the Settings app in Windows 10 to change your default browser

Alternatively, you can open the Settings App from the Windows 10 Start menu to set Firefox as the default browser:

1. Go to the Windows Start menu and click the Settings icon.
  2. Click System, then choose Default Apps on the left pane.
  3. Scroll down and click the entry under Web browser. 2015-07-27-15-02-22-5df342.png
  4. Click on Firefox in the dialog that opens with a list of available browsers. 2015-07-27-16-51-08-daac40.png
  5. Firefox is now listed as your default browser. Close the Settings window to save your changes.
Note: To change your default to another browser, see the support documentation for that other browser.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,092 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2015 - 02:22 PM

For finding and removing the source of the talking ads start a new Topic in the Malware Removal Forum.

Please follow the instructions in the Malware Removal and Log Section Preparation Guide starting at Step 6.

• If you cannot complete a step, then skip it and continue with the next.
  • In Step 6 there are instructions for downloading and running FRST which will create two logs.

When you have done that, post your logs in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum, NOT here, for assistance by the Malware Response Team.

Start a new topic, give it a relevant title and post your log(s) along with a brief description of your problem, a summary of any anti-malware tools you have used and a summary of any steps that you have performed on your own. If you cannot produce any of the required logs...start the new topic anyway. Explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happened when you tried to create them. A member of the Malware Removal Team will walk you through, step by step, on how to clean your computer.

After doing this, please reply back in this thread with a link to the new topic so we can close this one.

DO NOT bump your new topic. Wait for a response from one of the Team Members.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#4 KJRose

KJRose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2015 - 02:12 PM

Yes I have Today I copied the links that CCleaner found and I will include it here so you can see what I mean. The problem is when finding the files under that address I cannot delete them entirely.

Internet Explorer - Temporary Internet Files 89,942 KB 2,756 files
Internet Explorer - Cookies 113 KB 202 files

C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\IE\1APXPF4E\counter[1].js 21 KB

#5 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,092 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2015 - 03:03 PM

Best to follow directions in my last post. Once all malware/ adware is cleaned up then any other problems can be addressed

knowing malware is not the cause.

#6 KJRose

KJRose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2015 - 01:28 PM

This turned into a whole nother problem .. it is not IE at all it is Cornina and I cannot remove her from task.. She is persistant and comes on a couple seconds after you disable her on the task menu.. This to me is worse than before heheh

Edited by KJRose, 19 November 2015 - 01:28 PM.

#7 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,092 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2015 - 06:17 PM

How to disable Cortana in Windows 10

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users