Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Installing Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Problem

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Chris990

Chris990

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 PM

Posted 04 November 2015 - 12:28 PM

Hello, I recently bought the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO to replace the stock fan on my AMD Phenom II x6 1090T. This is on a Gigabyte GA-890-GPA-UD3H motherboard. Upon trying to install the backplate, I encountered some issues. The holes for the CPU cooler don't line up perfect with the backplate. It either goes under the MB tray or overtop. I'm just looking for opinions, is this normal?

My thinking is that it will warp my board if I mount it that way. The thing is, before I bought it, I made sure it would fit in my case. I'll attach pictures so you can see what I mean.

Thanks for your time.

Attached Files

Edited by Chris990, 04 November 2015 - 12:34 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,295 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2015 - 01:09 PM

You should have received installtion kit and instructions for AMD CPUs and Intel CPUs.

Are you sure that you are following the right instructions and using correct parts when attempting install?

Louis

#3 Chris990

Chris990
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2015 - 02:16 PM

Yes, I've even watched Youtube videos regarding this. The guy said to have that side of the backplate for AMD. Flip it around for an Intel install. Thinking of just cutting the Intel prongs off honestly.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,295 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2015 - 06:00 PM

Well, I can't suggest anything...I bought the same cooler with the intent of installing it on this system...but after reading the instructions and fooling around with the parts, I gave up and decided that it did not really matter and just put a fresh coat of thermal grease on and reinstalled my stock cooler.  I'm lazy and the "reward" would not have justified my frustrations...I had no real reason for wanting to replace the stock heatsink/fan, no system problems.

Nang on for some inputs from other members :).

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 04 November 2015 - 06:02 PM.

#5 Chris990

Chris990
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2015 - 02:33 AM

UPDATE.........

I resolved my issue by breaking off the Intel part of the backplate with a pipe wrench. Posted images below. Thanks for the assistance.

Attached Files

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,295 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2015 - 12:27 PM

Glad you found a workaround...if I get ambitious, I may try that with my cooler one day when I'm sitting around with nothing else to do :).

Happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users