Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cloud Storage for a business

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ABC Indyharleyguy

ABC Indyharleyguy

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 AM

Posted 03 November 2015 - 04:11 PM

Hi we currently have a local NAS device with over 600 GB stored on it. I'm sure we have a lot of duplicate files on it. We currently back it up with a Online company. I have 2 questions.

First what are some recommendations for a file duplicate finder program? My thought is to have one of our users with knowledge of their folders run a duplicate file finder, then manually delete the duplicate files as they see fit.

Second I'd like to know what some other businesses have used as a cloud storage option. I'd like to hear your thoughts of the pluses and minuses of the companies that have been used.

Thanks for any input on both questions.

Edited by ABC Indyharleyguy, 03 November 2015 - 04:19 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,874 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 AM

Posted 03 November 2015 - 04:48 PM

Well...I would leave "duplicate files" alone.

600GB isn't a lot of storage, IMO.  I'm just a casual user but I have well over 5TB of data files stored on this system...and I know those files are nothing but data files.

Installing various programs may result in the appearance of duplicate system/program files...but if those files are removed from the location where the programs expects to find them...the program may hiccup.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users