Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Online Computer Support Service to Cleanup My PC

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Rapier

Rapier

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 PM

Posted 03 November 2015 - 06:42 AM

I'm looking for a maintenance service to recognize what garbage I'm running on my PC that I don't know is garbage.

The problem is I play poker on line and if the poker site sees that maintenance connectivity  software on my PC it won't allow me to play.

Recommendations?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,088 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:24 PM

Posted 03 November 2015 - 07:27 AM

What do you consider 'maintenance'? In your book, are security programs that block adware and malware or scan for and remove

adware and malware a 'maintenance' service?

You can install and run security programs and simply disable them if a website doesn't function with the security programs monitoring in the

background. But I would be very concerned about any website that required the disabling.

You can run programs such as AdwCleaner, Junkware Removal Tool, the free MalwareBytes AntiMalware and do a free scan using Eset Online

Scanner that don't monitor in realtime/ in the background. There are other good programs that will freely do the same.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 Rapier

Rapier
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2016 - 02:12 PM

Thanks for your reply. Sorry for the delay.  I want to get a tech service that will rid my online time, which is extensive since I'm retired, and be free of researching glitches to dead end after dead end. My Firefox browser is not "crisp".  My Quantex from the 90s was crisper than my current HP 110-210 Desktop PC with AMD A4-5000 upgraded to 16gig.

My current glitch is that loading my 888njpoker app the home page loads 1 box at a time as if each has a delay setting of about 30 seconds. I don't have any apps to load to compare to.   It began in January 2016. It's as if Gates messed something up to coerce me/us to go with windows 10. I can't even figure out what to call the boxes. HTML. dialog. message?

Thanks again

Mike

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,088 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2016 - 07:38 AM

Not sure what you mean by....I want to get a tech service that will rid my online time

My suggestion is to clean up the computer and scan for adware and malware as a first step. I can help with that

but it would require you to install and run scans using a few programs in a timely fashion. Are you willing to do that?

EDIT: There are many online 'tech services' that are scammers/ criminals. You may or may not be aware of that

is the reason I added this.

Edited by buddy215, 29 March 2016 - 07:42 AM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2016 - 10:35 AM

The problem is I play poker on line and if the poker site sees that maintenance connectivity  software on my PC it won't allow me to play.

I have never heard of this.  Please post the link to this online poker website?

#6 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,088 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2016 - 11:01 AM

The OP gave the name of the site....888njpoker....easy enough to go from there. Not unusual for sites to require visitors

to turn off ad blockers and allow ad/ tracking cookies. But more input is needed from the OP before going further with

helping him. It's been a few months since this topic was started.

#7 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2016 - 11:55 AM

Thanks.  The OP did mention an 888njpoker app but I didn't make the connection to a website.  Ad blockers and tracking cookies?  Did the OP mention that somewhere?  If that is what he is concerned about then he just needs to turn off is ad blocking add-on and accept the cookies.  And yes, I did notice that the topic was resurrected from November last year.  It's not clear what the OP is saying or wants, that is why I asked him to post a link.

#8 Rapier

Rapier
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2016 - 02:39 AM

Thanks for your replies.      

•  
  • BC Advisor
  • 9,126 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 AM

Posted 29 March 2016 - 08:38 AM

Not sure what you mean by....I want to get a tech service that will rid my online time

"being devoted to  endless dead ends trying find a resolution."

Malwarebytes premium, Defender, and CCleaner monitor are running 24/7 on my 16 gig Win 8.1.

I click 888njpoker from my start menu. The lobby page appears. Its data boxes blank/white. Each  box loads one at a time after about 30 seconds.

The same with the geolocation screen/message and login and other status messages. It takes about 5 minutes and the poker app runs just fine.

Every time I ask this question in a forum the responder  surmises a virus is the problem. That's why I want to subscribe to tech support.

#9 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,088 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2016 - 05:44 AM

This is a website that is free for users to seek advice and help in using their computers and solving whatever problem they

are having with using their computers.

I suggest you contact one of your local computer shops....since you prefer paying someone to find and fix the problem if possible.

Even Vermont has computer shops now...:)....if you don't know of one, ask someone you trust for a recommendation.

#10 Rapier

Rapier
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2016 - 08:54 PM

This is a website that is free for users to seek advice and help in using their computers and solving whatever problem they

are having with using their computers.

I suggest you contact one of your local computer shops....since you prefer paying someone to find and fix the problem if possible.

Even Vermont has computer shops now... :)....if you don't know of one, ask someone you trust for a recommendation.

Well they haven't resolved my super slow page loading problems. I tried a different online poker site "Betonline" and the same crawling page loading to the application happens. Task manager status for Betonline says "Not responding" until the pages load completely.

Do you have a direct link to the funding site for the law suit that I can share on FB? 

Edited by Rapier, 03 April 2016 - 08:54 PM.

#11 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,088 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2016 - 09:37 PM

Links to Paypal, gofundme and bitcoin along with news item in link below...

Help BleepingComputer Defend Freedom of Speech

HOW YOU CAN HELP! DONATE TO OUR LEGAL DEFENSE

gofundme.png paypal-donate.png donate-bitcoins-large.png

All unused funds will be donated to the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF).

LET OTHERS KNOW READ THE LAWSUIT..... Download and Read the Enigma Software VS BleepingComputer lawsuit! adobe-pdf.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users