Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Manually Add Items To The Start Menu's Metro Screen

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_hollowface_*

Guest_hollowface_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 03 November 2015 - 12:44 AM

ntlRyou.png

(Link)(Backup Link 1)(Backup Link 2)

Everything is accessible through the "all apps" section, but I'm adding important items onto the metro screen, and while I'm currently doing this by dragging-and-dropping I'm hoping there is another way (as I will not be able to do this with apps running under Symantec Workspace Virtualization unless I do global captures. If you are not familiar with this product, don't worry about it, you don't need to be to answer my question.). Perhaps adding items can be accomplished by placing shortcuts in some special folder somewhere, or editing some file? Any ideas? I took look at:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

but didn't see anything useful, same for:

C:\Users\USERACCOUNTNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

I'm hoping someone knows of an alternative way to drag-and-dropping items onto the metro screen.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,142 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2015 - 09:39 AM

This article, 

Stupid Geek Tricks: How to Open the Start Menu Folder in Windows 7 or 10

, may help  (or not, now that I see it's the Metro screen specifically that you're looking to load up).

Edited by britechguy, 03 November 2015 - 09:42 AM.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

#3 Guest_hollowface_*

Guest_hollowface_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 05 November 2015 - 02:06 AM

Thanks for the link, but it just lists the 2 places I already checked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users