Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Intermittant RDP issues Cant Login After Reboot

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mikeloeven

mikeloeven

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 PM

Posted 02 November 2015 - 07:57 PM

I have begun having an issue with my home computer running Windows 7 Pro x64

Normally RDP will function properly however there is an intermittent issue that has cropped up when I reboot the computer remotely.

sometimes after a restart the remote computer will come back online I can access files and servers however it will not connect by RDP.

The RDP client will appear to connect and display certificate information however after clicking accept the connection drops during the Securing Remote Connection Phase

Logging into the remote computer Locally will cause RDP to start working again.

while this is a work around its pretty annoying since I frequently need to restart the computer when I am not at my house and when this issue happens I loose access to my computer until I can get home which is seriously detrimental

its gotten to the point where I am considering running an additional 3rd party remote access server as a backup

Edited by hamluis, 03 November 2015 - 12:15 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Networking - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnnyJammer

JohnnyJammer

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 PM

Posted 02 November 2015 - 10:06 PM

Have the same issue with one server (Out of 12), luckily its a VM and i just log in through vcenter and it coems up or i wait 15 minutes.

I tried going through the remote services and they all appear to be running so i could never figure this one out mate.

#3 Jormeno1982

Jormeno1982

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 PM

Posted 04 November 2015 - 03:37 PM

I have begun having an issue with my home computer running Windows 7 Pro x64

Normally RDP will function properly however there is an intermittent issue that has cropped up when I reboot the computer remotely.

sometimes after a restart the remote computer will come back online I can access files and servers however it will not connect by RDP.

The RDP client will appear to connect and display certificate information however after clicking accept the connection drops during the Securing Remote Connection Phase

Logging into the remote computer Locally will cause RDP to start working again.

while this is a work around its pretty annoying since I frequently need to restart the computer when I am not at my house and when this issue happens I loose access to my computer until I can get home which is seriously detrimental

its gotten to the point where I am considering running an additional 3rd party remote access server as a backup

Hello,

The first thing that comes to mind for me is that the service isn't being started. Please go to services.msc and select RDP and right click and chose properties. Please make sure it is set to automatic and not manual. Also go to the recovery tab and make sure that all three failures are set to restart service. See how that works for you.

Don't settle for less, even a genius asks his questions. - 2pac

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users