Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ran adwcleaner now vpn or torrent wont work

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 indigogirl1976

indigogirl1976

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 PM

Posted 02 November 2015 - 07:44 PM

Im really horrible with computers. Today I ran adwcleaner thinking i would get rid of any nasties that may be lurking on my computer. Honestly I dont know why i did it as my computer was working fine. It uninstalled my VPN and Bitlord - a torrent site i use. I rebooted and tried to reinstall. It wont let me reinstall bitlord and it did let me reinstall my VPN software (hotspot shield) but it wont connect so its pretty useless. 

How can i fix this? My computer is a laptop running Windows 7. 

TIA

Edited by hamluis, 03 November 2015 - 09:15 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to AV/AM Software - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,897 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 PM

Posted 03 November 2015 - 05:26 PM

Internet connectivity problems can occur for a variety of reasons to include corrupted networking software installation, third-party software inserting itself into the network adapter settings, misconfiguration or corruption issues with TCP/IP protocol stack and Winsock due to malformed LSP, deletion or incorrect removal of networking software and removal of a malware component which had inserted itself into the winsock. There are some common (but simple) solutions here which can help resolve connectivity issues.

AdwCleaner previously removed Hotspot Shield which resulted in loss of Internet Connectivity but that was fixed a while ago.

When AdwCleaner is first run, all report logs, AdwCleaner[SX].txt and AdwCleaner[CX].txt are stored on the %systemdrive% (usually C:\).

Please copy and paste the contents of AdwCleaner[CX].txt in your next reply so I can show the developer.

If you ran AdwCleaner a second time the log will be saved in the same location but named AdwCleaner[CX].txt (where the largest value of X represents the most recent report).

If you are positive these files were falsely detected, you can report it in the AdwCleaner False Positive Reporting Topic...and include the log file instead of posting it here.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users