Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

bios password problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Master of Disaster

Master of Disaster

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 AM

Posted 02 November 2015 - 11:13 AM

Unable to complete bios password as letter S is not functioning so im sure you all know what that means - f......nightmare ! I need one of those keyboard tricks that makes a "S". Do any of you genius know how to preform this feat..please ! I dont have access to a alteranative keyboard cause im living on a island in the middle of nowhere in the philippines. Ummm are you there Scotty...beam me up please !

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 PM

Posted 02 November 2015 - 11:20 AM

Try Alt key 115, I don't remember if you keep alt key pressed, or tap once then tap 115.

I tried it here, doesn't work.  It's been 30 years ago, lemmie keep looking.

Addendem:  thanks sleepydude!  I tried it as you said:  s

what do we do if a captial S is needed?

Edited by RolandJS, 02 November 2015 - 12:14 PM.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#3 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,083 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 AM

Posted 02 November 2015 - 11:42 AM

Hi,

If its a laptop it could difficult to use the Alt trick suggested by Roland because you need to enable the numeric keyboard first and in some machines this mode doesn't exist (I have a Dell with that "feature")

By the way you need to hold the ALT key and type 115 on the numeric keypad then you release the ALT key to generate the "s".

keyboardnumpad2.jpg

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!

Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE
___
Rui

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users