Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Easy Transfer VS Backup ?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,509 posts
  •  
  • Location:Psychiatric Ward @ Beelitz-Heilstatten Hospital, Beelitz, Germany
  • Local time:02:46 PM

Posted 02 November 2015 - 09:52 AM

what is the difference between windows easy transfer, as opposed to a backup and restore?

will it accomplish the same thing?

like say i bought a new computer and want to transfer everything for my old computer to the new computer?

is it better to use the easy transfer, or do a backup?

Edited by mikey11, 02 November 2015 - 09:53 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sparklestar

sparklestar

• Members
  • 348 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 AM

Posted 06 November 2015 - 12:53 AM

I don't know but personally I think it's even better to not do either of those things; to start fresh and manually set things up and copy files you want etc.

#3 AlicePhoebe

AlicePhoebe

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 PM

Posted 06 November 2015 - 01:28 AM

Easy transfer collects program user interface configuration settings data that typical backup does not. Using easy transfer will transfer your desktop background coler, the way some of your installed programs are configured, explorer settings such as animation characteristics  for example  the behavior of windows minimizing  and maximizing. Typical backup will not restore these attributes.

But I would recommend to just copy and paste the folders that the files, it will be a lot more reliable, unfortunately, programs and drivers will need to be reinstalled on the new installation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users