Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan Horse

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 chippie

chippie

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 AM

Posted 21 July 2006 - 07:11 AM

Hi there, I have a trojan horse in C:\WINDOWS\system32\winjgf32.dll. I have followed the instructions you give at the top of the page but can't delete it. Norton can find it but not delete or quarantine it. Adaware and spybot don't seems to pick it up and neither does stinger.

I have also tried all the above in safe mode but have had no success. I am self tought on a pc so want to try the easy things before I try HJT. The main problem I have is disconecting from the internet (wi-fi), and an anoying pop up from Norton every 10 mins telling me I have a trojan horse.

Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 unrepper

unrepper

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2006 - 10:03 PM

try using this trojan remover.
Posted Image

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,588 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2006 - 08:09 AM

If your running Win XP/2000, also download and scan with Ewido Anti-Spyware v4.0 in "SAFE MODE".
Print out the Ewido Install and Scan Instructions.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users