Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Web mail not working correctly

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dannyboy950

dannyboy950

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 PM

Posted 01 November 2015 - 09:32 PM

I use windows live mail. I have a Hotmail address but it shows up in outlook mail.

That is not the strange part.  Over the last month I have written and mailed a dozen or more e-mails that apparently are not being sent.  There are none in the sent folder or in drafts.

Most of them have been to state agencys, on line forms and the like.

When I go to compose the email a dark blue screen like edge browser opens but with a mail envelope then it opens to a divided screen with the right side a background of a blue sky with white clouds.

When I click on that I get window to type my message that looks like nothing I have ever seen before.

When finished and click send at the top right corner nothing happens.

I have called several of these agencies and they have not received any of my emails.

Has there been a change to how outlook works now??

HP 15-f009wm notebook AMD-E1-2100 APV 1Ghz Processor 8 GB memory 500 GB Hdd

Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa Cinamon

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dannyboy950

dannyboy950
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 PM

Posted 04 November 2015 - 02:00 PM

I may have found part of the problem but no solution.

Apparently this is the new win 10 mail app that they are having trouble with. The strange thing is this is supposed to be a preview version of win 10 that I do not have.  So I am wondering if it is somehow carried over to the free upgrade version as well.

Either way the bloody thing will not send the email and you can not even report the problem cause that won't work either.

Just so you know this comes up when you try to email a form or something from a link like webmaster@xyz.com or similar.

HP 15-f009wm notebook AMD-E1-2100 APV 1Ghz Processor 8 GB memory 500 GB Hdd

Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa Cinamon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users