Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to fix corrupt files found by SFC

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dennisinadelaide

dennisinadelaide

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 AM

Posted 01 November 2015 - 09:29 PM

I have run SFC /SCANNOW and a large number of files have been found to be corrupted in Windows 10, and cannot be repaired by SFC.  The CBS log is too large to attach, but I have extracted a list of all corrupt files attached.

After looking at similar posts, I downloaded SFCFIX.exe by Sysnative and ran that in an elevated command prompt, but the message I got was that source file could not be found.  I have also run SFC in safe mode and also run DISM, but neither solves my problem, and the corrupt files persist.

Does anybody have any suggestions?  Thanks for considering this.

Cheers from Australia.

Dennis

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,474 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2015 - 09:31 PM

Hi dennisinadelaide :)

If you want assistance using SFCFix, I suggest you to post a thread on the forum where SFCFix is from, which is Sysnative. The Windows Updates Analyst there are trained to read logs from SFCFix and knows how to use it to fix Windows Update-related issues. All you need to do is create a new thread in the Windows Update section, post your SFCFix log there (or CBS.log, DISM.log, CheckSUR.log, etc.) and an analyst will be with you shortly.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 Willabong

Willabong

• Members
  • 128 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 AM

Posted 02 November 2015 - 07:17 AM

Don't forget to put the Windows 10 disk in the dvd drive before you run sfc, the replacement files for corrupt ones are taken from the W10 disk?

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,474 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2015 - 07:41 AM

You can also use DISM and specify the source to use if you have a Windows 10 installation media or .iso.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users