Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Some websites won't allow me to click on anything....

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 ncgiantfan

ncgiantfan

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 PM

Posted 01 November 2015 - 08:09 PM

I have a Lenovo Flex 3 - 1470 running Windows 10 (64 bit)

I use Google Chrome primarily with Microsoft Edge as a backup.

My problem is that while many websites work fine, there are others where I'm not able to click on any buttons. I can click on links fine. It doesn't matter if I try to click on it via my mouse or by clicking the touch screen with my finger. The problem is the same with both browsers.

One website that doesn't allow me to click anything is www.docusign.com  

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Edited by ncgiantfan, 01 November 2015 - 10:27 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,261 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2015 - 09:47 PM

Is there another site you are having a problem with? Hope you are not spamming... :nono:

When I click on that link I see this:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /.  on this server.

Apache Server at www.docusign.com Port 80

Edited by buddy215, 01 November 2015 - 09:49 PM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 ncgiantfan

ncgiantfan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2015 - 10:26 PM

It gave you that error because I ended the sentence with a period and it got embedded in the link by accident. I just edited that out to avoid any confusion.

Here is another website I can't click on:

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/index.htm

I mention the website just in case it might help. If these are going to be construed as spam because I am listing websites just let me know and I'll edit them out of the posts. I just thought it would help.

Edited by ncgiantfan, 01 November 2015 - 10:27 PM.

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,261 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2015 - 10:37 PM

I gave you the benefit of the doubt that you were spamming...Welcome to BC !

The buttons on the first site are working for me....such as....how it works....pricing

Is that the buttons that aren't working for you?

On the Consumer Reports site is this:

We're Remodeling!
  • Improved search - front and center
  • Easy access to popular products
  • At-a-glance product info, safety, advocacy and more

We're just getting started...
Let's see the BETA!

I know too that you have to be a member there to view its reports.

Edited by buddy215, 01 November 2015 - 10:38 PM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 ncgiantfan

ncgiantfan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2015 - 10:46 PM

On the DocuSign site the buttons that don't do anything when I click them is Login, Free Trial, Getting Started and Buy Now. The other links work fine.

On the Consumer Reports site Sign In and Subscribe don't do work. I've noticed that these are buttons that are looking for a javascript when you hover over them. So maybe this is a java problem?

#6 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,261 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2015 - 11:01 PM

I disabled java script and when I click on the log in button it tells me to enable java script and how to do it in Firefox...my browser.

Your internet security settings may be set too high.

I doubt java script is turned off in both browsers. Just to be sure you understand it is java script....not the program Java SE from Oracle.

A guide to Windows 10 security settings | The Download Blog - CNET Download.com

Network and Internet Settings in Windows 10

Edited by buddy215, 01 November 2015 - 11:10 PM.

#7 ncgiantfan

ncgiantfan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2015 - 11:22 PM

I am not sure exactly what to check here. I followed the settings link and did a few things, but am not sure what to change. I also double checked and javascript is turned on. The javascript buttons still do nothing when I click on them.

#8 ncgiantfan

ncgiantfan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2015 - 11:38 PM

I've found this page which may explain my problem:

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/6213033?hl=en

I'm downloading Firefox now and will try that. 

#9 ncgiantfan

ncgiantfan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2015 - 11:51 PM

Ok, I downloaded Firefox. Curiously, the Consumer Reports page now works. DocuSign still doesn't work. Unfortunately, the DocuSign site is one I use for my job. Any other ideas?

#10 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,261 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2015 - 06:29 AM

Were you able to log in to that site recently while Windows 10 was installed?

If so, have you added an antivirus or antimalware program? If there is an add-on/ extension in either of the browsers

from a security program...disable it.

I edited my last post to add a link that describes the Windows Security settings.....did you see that?

I didn't intend for you to install Firefox....just using mine as an example.

#11 ncgiantfan

ncgiantfan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2015 - 06:46 AM

I have been able to login to these sites intermittently, but a few days ago it stopped permanently. I have automatic updates turned on, so maybe something was added in recently?

Yes, I logged into the site and changed my settings to match.

I haven't added any programs, antivirus or otherwise. There are no add-on/extensions.

I installed Firefox on my own just to try another browser. It works for the Consumer Reports site, but not DocuSign. I mentioned that thinking it might be a hint.

Thanks for your help so far.

#12 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,261 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2015 - 07:36 AM

I'm stumped as to why nothing happens when you click to login to DocuSign or other sites. Especially 

after just using Firefox enabled you to login to Consumer Reports. (click on that link...it is the login page where you enter your email address, password)

Hopefully some other member reading this topic will have a solution to the problem.

#13 ncgiantfan

ncgiantfan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2015 - 10:38 AM

Thanks for trying. I'd appreciate anyone else's ideas. Let me know if I can supply more useful info.

#14 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,659 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 PM

Posted 02 November 2015 - 10:49 AM

I would definitely try clearing cache and cookies on any of the browsers that are giving you problems.  You can use the built-in methods or a program such as CCleaner to do that.  I have seen a lot of bizarre issues with web browsers that were related to cache corruption and clearing cache entirely returned things to normal.  You could try just clearing cache first and if that doesn't work then also clear cookies.

This is particularly odd given that it's happening across browsers, which implies to me that you have something going on somewhere that is between your web browser and some of its functions.  You don't mention having anything like the NoScript add-on installed but do you have any other security suite that may be tweaking something related to your web browsers?

I have no difficulty on the DocuSign website (in that I can click on the login button and get the expected error messages about not having filled in login id or password).

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#15 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2015 - 11:01 AM

If one has anything similar a privacy module within installed internet security suite, such can get in the way of some sites.  I had to dial my privacy back some time ago.

Edited by RolandJS, 02 November 2015 - 11:28 AM.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users