Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A Suspicious Connection Was Trying to Access Your Logins, Banking Details &

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dougdust

dougdust

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 AM

Posted 01 November 2015 - 05:43 PM

A pop up has opening with my safari with a repeating voice robo warning that spyware & a virus have been detected on my computer adn I need to calll the below tele number ...Is this part of a phishing scheme?
How do I get rid of this?
This pop up  affects my Safari such that I can't close the pop up or the application unless I force quit....Any advice ? 
 Below is the text ...
A Suspicious Connection Was Trying to Access Your Logins, Banking Details & Tracking Your Internet Activity.

Windows Security Center & Firewall Services are Disabled, Error code 0x8007042c; .

Your TCP Connection Was Blocked by Your Firewall. Your Accounts May be Suspended Until You Take an Action.

Your Personal Information May Have Leaked. IMMEDIATE RESPONSE REQUIRED

Your Hard Disk May Have Trojan Virus!  Please Do Not Try to Fix Manually, It May Crash Your Data.

Please Visit Your Nearest Windows Service Center OR Call Help Desk

-------------------------------------------------------------
Customer Service: +1-877-608-0630 (TOLL-FREE)
-------------------------------------------------------------

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jburd1800

jburd1800

• Members
  • 565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 AM

Posted 02 November 2015 - 01:19 AM

If you do a search on the 800 # it comes back as a fraud, I'll ask that your post be moved to a better location...

Edited by jburd1800, 02 November 2015 - 01:48 AM.

“May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently thorugh the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life.”

#3 1dunn0

1dunn0

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 PM

Posted 03 November 2015 - 03:56 AM

Hi, this caller id is a SHAM. Here is more research about it:

http://sensorstechforum.com/remove-antivirus-store-us-1-877-608-0630-fake-pop-ups/

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,314 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 AM

Posted 13 November 2015 - 06:43 AM

I see that this topic has gotten a lot of attention from the web. Another user had the same problem and successfully got rid

of the ad by using Mac OSPiriform - CCleaner Mac and reinstalling the browser. That member couldn't use AdwareMedic

because of an older Mac OS.

If another user does use AdwareMedic please report here if it was successful in removing the ad or not successful.

You can review the topic mentioned above at Annoying message continually repeating through speakers. - Am I infected? What do I do?

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 JayJax

JayJax

• Members
  • 710 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 AM

Posted 14 November 2015 - 08:41 PM

DASTARDLY BUZZARDS ABOUND.   Have people nothing better to do than complicate the lives of the innocent.    There seems no end.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users