Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows XP refusing to start properly

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 SpaceKitty320

SpaceKitty320

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 AM

Posted 01 November 2015 - 05:01 PM

I boot up my PC one friday night. Click my icon, start typing, but nothing happens when I click login. I go off and drink a soda, come back some time later, nothing happened. Reboot, same result. Rolled it back in safe mode, and then the same result. This is why I now use a Raspbian computer, a Windows 7 laptop, and my Windows tablet.

Yeah, I quit using it and it hasn't been used since.  It's gathering dust under my bed atm.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 5,478 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 AM

Posted 04 November 2015 - 06:32 PM

Do you use the Raspbian computer to learn computer science?

Also, if you don't have any need for the Windows XP OS you could move to a Linux Operating System which uses basically the same technology as the Raspbian.  Because XP no longer has support it is a good idea, and, linux can provide a powerful OS that will run on an XP machine quite well.  Or, if you need it you could Dual Boot with XP and Linux both on one pc.

Are you able to get into the BIOS?

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2046839/zero-day-forever-move-away-from-windows-xp-now.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/527392/with-xp-ending-what-are-your-alternatives/

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

#3 SpaceKitty320

SpaceKitty320
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2015 - 10:04 PM

Nah, I just mess around with it and screw with Scratch.

#4 Guest_hollowface_*

Guest_hollowface_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 07 November 2015 - 09:38 PM

If you're using a mouse make sure it hasn't been plugged into a different usb port than usual.

#5 SpaceKitty320

SpaceKitty320
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2016 - 05:08 PM

If you're using a mouse make sure it hasn't been plugged into a different usb port than usual.

It stopped working entirely. I tried everything, but we wound up taking it apart to show my sister how computers worked, then trashed it because it used to belong to my father. My father wanted it destroyed mainly because it probably had important information on it, and he didn't want someone else potentially getting to, I dunno, his copies of Photoshop and Illustrator.

We also had a computer with Windows ME that I could have used, but nobody remembered the password anyway and we threw it out. The OS is trash anyway.

Thread lock, please.

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,252 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2016 - 07:46 PM

We don't normally lock or delete threads.

Thanks for letting us know the final disposition :).

Happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users