Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adware.savenow.g/adware.mywebsearch.am

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jezuncut

jezuncut

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 PM

Posted 21 July 2006 - 03:30 AM

Hi, I have been an idiot and not read stuff that I should've and have got these two programs trying to infect me. Luckily I have a virus checker that will not let them install, however I cannot delete the exe's. Can anyone help. Adaware stalls once it finds some issues and my virus checker then pops up to tell me these have not been allowed to install. V. frustrated and in need of help please.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 AM

Posted 21 July 2006 - 03:37 AM

What's the name of the programs, and where are they located?
What Antivirus do you use?

Have you done any online virus scans?
http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

Have you run any Spyware/Malware programs?
ewido - Windows 2000 and XP, only.
Ad-Aware
Spybot S&D
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 jezuncut

jezuncut
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 PM

Posted 21 July 2006 - 04:43 AM

Hi tg1911,

They are called mgsSetp.ClipRex & Cliprex_WhenUSave_InstallerInst

They are located in C:/Documents & Settings/Jeremy S/Local Settings/Temp

I use bitdefender antivirus and have tried the panda scan that only found cookies. I don't think these have been installed, but when I try to delete the temp file or the individual exe's it says "cannot read from source file or disk"

Spybot doesn't find it, and adaware freezes after searching over 70,000 files....
thanks for the swift response

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users