Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

secunia update

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jcwrightjr

jcwrightjr

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 PM

Posted 01 November 2015 - 01:13 PM

i ran secunia psi updater, and it wants me to update xml core services (msxml) 4.x. i click to update and it has a download for core xml services (msxml) 6.0. i choose download and it gives me a list of 4 files to choose from. it says choose the correct one for my processor which is a intel®core™2 duo cpu t7250@2.00ghz 2.00 ghz. it gives me alist of 5 developer tools to choose from and i am lost. please help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MarkMCS

MarkMCS

• Members
  • 161 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 PM

Posted 01 November 2015 - 02:39 PM

I remember having the same issue a while back.  You most likely already have msxml6.dll installed, but msxml4.dll remains on your system for legacy software that may use it.

If you check C:\windows\system32 you will probably see several msxml versions.  Windows update does these updates.  

I recommend you Go to Secunia PSI scan results and double click the microsoft core services 4x. Then right click the path in the new window and select "Ignore Program".  This will add it to the ignore rules in your configuration settings.

In my case, I added a program that needed and installed msxml4.dll, which in turn caused Secunia to report the end of life issue.    

Edited by MarkMCS, 01 November 2015 - 02:59 PM.

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.  -Emo Phillips

#3 jcwrightjr

jcwrightjr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 PM

Posted 01 November 2015 - 03:16 PM

thank you for the information/help.

#4 MarkMCS

MarkMCS

• Members
  • 161 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 PM

Posted 01 November 2015 - 03:39 PM

You're welcome.  Take care.

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.  -Emo Phillips

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users