Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Why is my PC failing with three different types of BSOD?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 johnson_123

johnson_123

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 AM

Posted 01 November 2015 - 06:33 AM

I have experienced three types of BSOD within one month.

• BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO

• Process1 initialization failed

• unmoutable_Boot_volume

This BSOD problem doesn't solves until i install a new OS. Safe mode also showing same BSOD.

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate.

Could my hard disk be causing the problem, so I will need to replace it?

Could my RAM be causing the problem, so I will need to replace it?

Edited by johnson_123, 01 November 2015 - 06:51 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,810 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 PM

Posted 01 November 2015 - 10:31 AM

This BSOD problem doesn't solves until i install a new OS. Safe mode also showing same BSOD.

How many times have you had to reinstall the operating system?

Can you boot into Windows now and download programs and run them?

If you can please do the following.

Please download and run SeatTool for Windows.

When the website opens scroll down till you find the I Accept button and click on it.

If you scroll down below this button you will find instruction for installing this.

Once you install this program you will see an image similar to the one below.

seagate3_zps1fa1f71c.jpg

1.  SeaTools for Windows will search for hdds on your computer.  Please remove any external storage devices connected via USB port.

2.  Detected Drives will list the hdd/s found.  Place a check mark in the drive you want to run the scan on.

3.  You will see Basic Tests above Detected Drives, move the mouse pointer over this.

4.  A menu will open with options for different scans, please click on Long Generic Test

5.  This will start the scan.  When the scan is complete you will see the result under Test Status , please post the results in your topic.

6.  When the scan is complete you will see Test results, post the status.  If it is green it has passed the scan.

7.  Click on Help, then click on View Log File.  If the scan failed take a screen shot of the Log File and post it in your topic.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 johnson_123

johnson_123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2015 - 09:38 PM

Sir, i followed steps as you posted,

but Scan stopped at 2%. please tell which causing the BSOD: RAM or Hard disk? 

--------------- SeaTools for Windows v1.4.0.2 ---------------
11/2/2015 6:32:51 PM
Model Number: HD502HI
Serial Number: S1VZJ90Z277668
Firmware Revision: 1AG01118
Long Generic - Started 11/2/2015 6:32:51 PM
Long Generic - FAIL 11/2/2015 6:35:33 PM
SeaTools Test Code: 6C9AC2A4
Identify - Started 11/2/2015 6:36:39 PM

Attached Files

Edited by johnson_123, 02 November 2015 - 08:13 AM.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,810 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2015 - 08:34 AM

It looks like your problem is the hdd.  It failed the diagnostic test.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 johnson_123

johnson_123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2015 - 08:36 AM

Sir, I thought same before running the test,

What about the RAM ?

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,810 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2015 - 08:38 AM

I don't believe your RAM is a problem.

#7 johnson_123

johnson_123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2015 - 08:40 AM

Are you sure sir, or otherwise is there any tool to check my RAM like seagate for HDD?

i am believing you sir & replacing my defected HDD. 

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,810 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2015 - 09:03 AM

The errors you posted in your first post point toward a hdd failure.  I don't see anything which would indicate that this is RAM related.  But if you need to assure yourself that this isn't a problem, follow the instructions below.

If you have more than on RAM module remove all but one module.  Test that module by its self.  If it works try it in each slot to be sure that all of the slots are working properly.

After that, test each module one at a time in the first slot.  If there is a bad module this can point to it quickly.  For a more thorough test use Memtest86.

1)  Please download the Memtest86 Pre-Compiled Bootable ISO file.

2)  Unzip the downloaded memtest86 file.  You will need a program like 7-Zip to unzip this file.

3) Intructions for using the 7-Zip can be see in the video below.

4)  Inside, you will find the memtest86 file.

5)  Place a blank CD or DVD in the tray of your optical drive and close the tray.

6)  After you have downloaded the ISO image you want to burn right click on the Start orb, then choose Windows Explorer.

7)  When Explorer opens click on Downloads in the left pane.  Scroll down till you find the ISO file you want and double click on it.  Click on Burn Disk Image.

8)  In the image below you will see Disk burner:, this should be set to the optical drive you want to use.  Click on Verify disc after burning if you want to Windows to verity the disc image after burn.  Click on burn.

burndiskimage1_zpsb502b181.png

9)  In the image below you can see that the green progress bar, when the image is finished burning the bar will be filled.

burndiskimage2_zps17a9d6ff.png

10)  After the image has completed being burned click on Close

11) Once the CD is created, boot from it, and memtest will automatically start to run.  

Please note:  It may be neccessary to change the boot order in the BIOS so the CD/DVD-ROM is the first device in the boot order and the hdd second.

Each pass consists of 8 tests, it is suggested that you run at least 7 passes, this will take several hours, you may find it simpler to let it run overnight.  The longer you run the passes the more comprehensive the results will be.

If you are running multiple modules and have a failure, remove all but one module and test it separately, continue this with each module till you find the one that failed.  

When you discern that a module is good, use it to test each slot to be sure there isn't a problem with one of them.

When the test is complete a display similar to the one below will appear.  Note the locations of the Pass and Errors, any Error is indicative of a failed module.

memtest1_zps7be717f5.png 

#9 johnson_123

johnson_123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2015 - 08:27 PM

Sir, I taken to shop, he is asking me to do zero filling format, so zero filling format will save my HDD? I know zero filling format will wipe data from all drives. Sir, I already know how to change boot order.

Edited by johnson_123, 05 November 2015 - 08:34 PM.

#10 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,810 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2015 - 08:45 AM

Your hdd is either failing or failed.  

Usually with computers with Windows 7 installed on them have a System Recovery partition which can be used to reinstall the operating system.  There is no reason for this "shop" to format the hdd if this is the case.  More importantly, if the hdd is failing as it does appear, formatting the hdd would be a waste of time and would cost you money on top of this.

What is the make and model of this computer?

#11 johnson_123

johnson_123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2015 - 08:49 PM

Sir, zero filling format actually save my HDD.   :)

After zero filling format, i performed chkdsk on all drives, it shows: windows didn't found any problems.

Edited by johnson_123, 06 November 2015 - 08:49 PM.

#12 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,810 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2015 - 10:58 AM

The following is from a SeaGate article.

Zero Filling a SATA or ATA (IDE) drive destroys 100% of the data on the drive. Make sure the drive is completely backed up before proceeding.

#13 johnson_123

johnson_123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2015 - 02:00 AM

Sir, i already mentioned BSOD Problem solved in previous reply. 

#14 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,562 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 PM

Posted 08 November 2015 - 06:51 AM

Just to clarify...so all your known system problems are now resolved?

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users