Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hard drive constantly needing repair

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 callmejohndoe

callmejohndoe

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 PM

Posted 31 October 2015 - 10:30 PM

Hello, I've had this issue for a while I had an old hard drive that was messed up I got a new one, tested it it's fine. However I have tried several times to install an operating system on it with absolutely NO Success. EVerytime this is what happens, installation goes through fine, but ONCE it reboots it's clearly messed up, I mean like everything SOOOOOO Slow for th rest of the installation process and if you restart it again 100% it will have start up errors.

I seriously don't understand why this is happening, I have tried several different Windows torrents Windows 7- Windows 10, all the exact same problem something just goes wrong the OS simply will not stick. I have been using a a USB to boot it and I have NO CD/disc drive

Here's my specs:

Gigabyte f2a55m-ds2(pretty sure)

Seagate 1 tb hd

4 GB PAreema ram 1600 mhz

Nvidia ghz 7770

No idea what the problem is at least... please help this computer obviously has an okay gfx and i havent been able to pla games for like a year PLEASE HELP!!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 saw101

saw101

• Members
  • 437 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 PM

Posted 31 October 2015 - 11:00 PM

I have tried several different Windows torrents Windows 7- Windows 10

No idea what the problem is at least

I'd say that your problem is Torrented Operating Systems.

Use of pirated software is not supported by BleepingComputer  Suggest you acquire a legal copy of an operating system. If you continue to experience difficulties with a legal copy, post back. You will most likely receive assistance.  

I never make the same mistake twice....I always make it 5 or 6 times just to be sure!

#3 callmejohndoe

callmejohndoe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2015 - 11:06 PM

let's say the torrented version I used I put a legit cd key in so it's fine. Generally what would u do in this situation to?

#4 saw101

saw101

• Members
  • 437 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 PM

Posted 01 November 2015 - 02:23 AM

There is a basic problem with software shared on P2P sites. See the following for a brief explanation: http://www.bitdefender.com/tech-assist/self-help/dangers-of-using-pirated-software.html

Specifically the following copied from the above link:  "If you’re considering installing a bootleg copy of Windows, you should know that, after running some tests on 6 different copies, the following issues were found: 2 of the copies had malware embedded, and all of them had Windows Update disabled and the Windows Firewall rules changed. It might not seem much, but keep in mind that Microsoft fixes vulnerabilities through Windows Updates, and the Windows Firewall can act as a malware repellent."

BleepingComputer has no way to determine if the copy you have is clean, hobbled in some way, or infected with malware. Regardless, just because you are using a 'legit' key with a pirated copy of windows does not make it OK. I would suggest you purchase a copy of windows from a reputable source such as NewEgg, or consider installing one of the numerous free Linux operating systems. Also, you could perhaps borrow a genuine copy of the OS that corresponds with the key you have, from a friend or relative, to do a test install using your 'legit' key. Does your computer have a sticker with the Windows key on it?

I'm sure a moderator, [they have final say] will be able to further clarify if needed & explain to your satisfaction any & all other questions you may have. At this point I shall now bow out & wish you luck. 

I never make the same mistake twice....I always make it 5 or 6 times just to be sure!

#5 CodeSmasha

CodeSmasha

• Banned
  • 524 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 AM

Posted 01 November 2015 - 03:17 AM

Using Cracks/Warez is illegal and are not permitted in these forums:

No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures.

Using torrented versions may have Viruses/Trojans and other nasty malware embedded in them. These types of torrents can also wreak havoc on your computer and your performance, so it's best to get a legal copy of Windows from Microsoft.

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,113 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2015 - 01:43 PM

I seriously don't understand why this is happening, I have tried several different Windows torrents Windows 7- Windows 10, all the exact same problem something just goes wrong the OS simply will not stick.

I think that you understand some of the possible reasons why you have problems, as pointed out above.