Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help ASAP,PC turns off/won't start up.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 munekun

munekun

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 AM

Posted 31 October 2015 - 06:58 PM

Long story short, My computer suddenly shut off, And when i pressed the power button it would attempt to turn on then just fail and shut down completely[no signal to anything, only fans]
I cleaned out the pc and cleaned out the power supply, reassembled and it turned on as per normal. i used it for about 35 minutes, set it to sleep for an hour or two, turned it on, used it for about an hour and a half then it suddenly turned off again. When this happens it either powers on for 2 seconds then powers down, or it powers up all fans and mouse led but no signal to keyboard or screen whatsoever i assumed it was the power supply so i purchased a new one today and installed it, It turned on first try, i assumed it was fixed, i used it, set it to sleep as per normal and went to turn it on again and it turned on all fans but once again no power to anything else, just fans it seems. I tried everything[I have two sticks of ram so i switched them/used them singularly tried running without fans, Oddly it didn't beep even without video card or ram but nothing made a difference. I just borrowed a single 2gb stick of ram from a friend and it successfully powered on and I am using it normally.. But i just can't imagine the problem was just the ram and i expect it to power off again soon, Can anyone help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,480 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 PM

Posted 31 October 2015 - 08:38 PM

Could all just be a dead bios battery.

#3 munekun

munekun
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 AM

Posted 31 October 2015 - 09:30 PM

Could all just be a dead bios battery.

How would one fix that? Are they purchasable online?

#4 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,480 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 PM

Posted 01 November 2015 - 12:01 AM

You can buy them at any store that sells a bunch of batteries. #CR2032 coin sized watch battery 3volt. Cost a couple dollars. Info on replacing them...http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000239.htm Just pop it out, put a new one in and hopefully that fixes your problem. Sometimes you must enter the bios and save settings and exit and reboot. Usually you start to see these types of problems happening when one of those batteries voltage starts to drop around 2.40 volts. Since it's an inexpensive item it can't hurt to try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users