Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

files are permanently deleting instead of going to the recycle bin

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sylveon Fetish

Sylveon Fetish

• Members
  • 395 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 PM

Posted 31 October 2015 - 05:23 PM

I am having a problem with deleting files in Windows 7, when I delete a file, it asks if I want to send it to the recycle bin, and I say "yes" but if I go into the recycle bin, the file is not there and it is not in its original directory. it is like it decided to permanently delete and skip going to the recycle bin. When I sort the recycle bin by 'date deleted', the last thing in the recycle bin is a few weeks old. I have deleted many things since the last date that the recycle bin says my last deleted file was. and I did not empty the recycle bin otherwise the files from a few weeks ago would be also gone. I googled the problem but Google only showed results on how to bypass the recycle bin and permanently delete but it showed nothing about Windows doing it on its own. Please help me fix this because I lost an mp3 that I made because of this problem.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,432 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 PM

Posted 31 October 2015 - 06:33 PM

Do you still have the 'Recycle bin' icon on the desktop ? If you do, right click on it and see if your version of properties is similar to mine in that the button 'Don't move files to the Recycle Bin . . .' is the active option.

[attachment=172366:Recycle bin properties.JPG]

Untick this button to get files to go back to the recycle bin. As you will see I don't use it, I just havve the warning message active.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users