Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MSO 2010 Professional Plus download

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 snglnluvnit

snglnluvnit

• Members
  • 187 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 AM

Posted 31 October 2015 - 04:58 PM

Hello all, I was given a disc (MSO 2010 Pro Plus) and key from my sons school tech-ed teacher a few years ago.  I want to reinstall my OS which of course means reinstalling the above software.  I unfortunately can't find the disc, I was able to retrieve the key with MagicJellyBean Keyfinder.  I don't know if it is 64 bit version and where to download it from.  We have since moved away from that area, so there is no going back to the school, plus it is my understanding that it only applies to families who have children currently enrolled and my son graduated in 2013.  Any help is MUCH APPRECIATED!!

So I now understand that it is a Volume Licensing???  At least that is what I think I understand, still can't find a place to download an image and install using the key I have.

Thanks,

Scott

Edited by snglnluvnit, 31 October 2015 - 05:36 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,638 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 AM

Posted 31 October 2015 - 09:51 PM

Try inputting your key on this page.

https://www2.downloadoffice2010.microsoft.com/usa/registerkey.aspx?culture=EN-US&ref=backup&country_id=US

#3 snglnluvnit

snglnluvnit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 187 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 AM

Posted 01 November 2015 - 09:07 AM

Thanks JohnC_21, but that said it was an invalid key.  I retrieved the key by using MagicJellyBean Keyfinder, so I feel confident that the key I entered (and checked frontwards and backwards) is correct.  Any other suggestions are welcome!!

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,638 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 AM

Posted 01 November 2015 - 04:13 PM

It's possible the key was for an OEM version of Office. If that is the case then the download will not work. If the key is for a volume license it would also fail on that page.

The only other page you can try that key on is here. If that fails I would contact Microsoft directly and see what they say.

Download the PID checker here. Check Office 2010 and input your Office Key.  What is the output?

I can give you some other free options that may suit your needs. They do not have all the programs of Pro though.

Softmaker Free Office - has good compatibility with MSO  

Kingsoft Office 2013 - last good version  

Libre Office   Nice open source office

Edited by JohnC_21, 01 November 2015 - 04:14 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users