Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win7 PC cycling in startup repair

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 DJspine

DJspine

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2015 - 03:23 PM

Hi There

I am commenting from my laptop as I cannot get into my PC that has the problem!!!

My PC was running ok, but I noticed that it had started to suddenly run slowly, so I reset the machine - nothing rebooted at this point, so I left it for a good 20 mins, still nothing. So I then restarted the PC and again nothing (I could hear the machine running but nothing was coming through to the monitor)

A friend told me to remove the RAM card and put into the 2nd slot for RAM (which i did obviously with the power off and unplugged).

The PC now sends signals through to the monitors yay!!! only trouble is, it keeps on bringing up Windows Start-up repair (which i have run a few times and nothing happens) - I have also tried to enter safe mode nothing it just returns to startup repair, I can get into the motherboard settings screen and that is telling me all sorts of information about the motherboard

the problem signature is 6.1.7600.16385 (in startup repair)

Please help, as all my important files are on the desktop pc

Thanks in advance

Darren

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users