Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Flashing Ethernet Lights

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 housewifeKola

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:10:00 AM

Posted 31 October 2015 - 03:23 PM

Hey Guys,

ON THE BACK OF MY COMPUTER ...my Ethernet light used to be Green. It was sometimes

a Solid Green and at times Blinking.

NOW...for the last week I have an Orange Blinking Ethernet light. It is always blinking. I know

this means that Data is being transported...but why? I am usually on TweetDeck or watching

videos on Youtube. I go to the same websites I've always visited. They are pretty safe. There's

very few of them.

Does my computer suddenly HAVE TO transmit Data all the time that I'm online?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,157 posts
  • Local time:10:00 AM

Posted 01 November 2015 - 11:48 AM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

We need to know the make and model of this computer in order to reference the LED error codes.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 shelf life

shelf life

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,646 posts
  • Local time:12:00 PM

Posted 01 November 2015 - 12:02 PM

Unless you have dialup then you have a "always on" connection and yes there is alot of normal traffic between a computer, router and modem.

How Can I Reduce My Risk to Malware?

#4 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,067 posts
  • Local time:05:00 PM

Posted 01 November 2015 - 05:47 PM

An orange LED where you normally had a green one suggests the existence of a fault condition. Please supply the information requested by DC3.

You could also look in 'Device manager' to see if there are any problems indicated. Click 'Start - Control panel - System - Device manager (top LHS)' and look for 'Network adapters'. Expand this if necessary so you can see the LAN controller (ethernet) and see if there is a yellow exclamation mark against it.

Post back.

Chris Cosgrove

#5 OldPhil

• Members
  • 3,922 posts
  • Local time:01:00 PM

Posted 01 November 2015 - 07:48 PM

Go into "task Manager" performance  then resource monitor, fair chance you will see what is going on.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users