Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help and Support

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bicat

bicat

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 AM

Posted 31 October 2015 - 01:15 PM

I'm getting the error "Windows and Support can't start"  Didn't know how much I used it untill

I didn't have it anymore. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,749 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 AM

Posted 31 October 2015 - 05:21 PM

Try the following from safe mode.

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 31 October 2015 - 05:22 PM.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 AM

Posted 01 November 2015 - 11:46 AM

Microsoft Support has a Fixit which may be effective here.

Please run System File Checker

The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces corrupted and incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.

Click on the Start orb rsz_1rsz_1rsz_start_orb_zpshjewtibd.png and then type cmd in the Search programs and files box.

In the pane above the search box Programs will appear with cmd below it, right click on cmd and select Run as administrator.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, enter the password, or click Allow.

This will open the Elevated Command Prompt, it will look similar to the image below.

command%20prompt%20w8_zpsxjmewau9.png

Copy and paste sfc /scannow in the command prompt, then press Enter to start the scan.  

If the scan finds no integrity  problems the scan will stop.  Type in exit, then press Enter to stop the scan.

When the scan is finished and if intergrity issues are found, please do the following.

Click on the Start orb rsz_1rsz_1rsz_start_orb_zpshjewtibd.png then copy and paste the following in the Search programs and files box.

findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >"%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt"

This will place a new icon on the desktop titled sfcdetails.  Double click on this icon to  
the CBS log, copy and paste the log in your topic.

If this fails to place the icon on your desktop run the command from the Command Prompt.  Use the instructions I provided at the start of this tutorial.

This log may be very large, if you have problems posting it try breaking it into smaller parts.  When you copy these parts you will highlight the section you are going to copy.  If you leave that section highlighted it will give you a quick reference for where you left off.  Do not use a host website to post this.  I will not download anything to my computer unless I know exactly what it contains.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users