Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Remote Desktop Connection. Cannot connect

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Steevow

Steevow

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 AM

Posted 31 October 2015 - 11:09 AM

I have a windows 7 Professional system for which I cannot get incoming RDC connections to work.

I went through the stuff on this page.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows7/why-can-t-i-connect-using-remote-desktop-connection

I am trying to connect initially with a local IP on my local network, so forwarded ports are not an issue. I know I will be forwarding the custom RDC port I configured when I need to connect from elsewhere.

The message is that it cannot connect. I turned off the windows firewall.  Sitting right next to the computer at the same desk with a notebook computer, can't connect.

One thing I did notice.

In the About Remote Desktop Connection dialog box, look for the phrase "Network Level Authentication supported."

The about does include that statement, as well as RDC protocol 8.1 supported.

The article does not say what to do in that eventuality.  So I am stopped atm, and this will require further analysis.

I went through this, and this is what I have set up.

I enabled the allow connections from any version weeks ago.

http://blog.parallels.com/blog/2013/03/20/disabling-network-level-authentication-for-remote-desktop-services-connections-2/

Does anyone have any ideas to isolate this problem?

Edited by Steevow, 31 October 2015 - 11:12 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Steevow

Steevow
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 AM

Posted 03 November 2015 - 01:47 AM

I found the problem. A couple of the RDC services had local users and needed to have network service configured.

So it's working.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users