Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sleep and boot issue

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 coracken

coracken

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 PM

Posted 31 October 2015 - 02:17 AM

My computer just started to do this the other day and I cannot seem to get anywhere with it. I often put my computer into sleep mode when I am not using it. The other day when I tried to start out of sleep the fans and lights turned on but the monitor did not detect a signal. I unplugged the monitor both from power and the HDMI port but not change. I then tried to hard reboot my computer with very much the same effect. Fans and light turn on but no image as well as no POST signal. I turn off my computer and disconnect it from the wall. I opened the case to check the connections and I tried again. Splash screen comes on, no post, windows is starting, but then once everything comes up it’s like it just turned on from sleep mode. The same windows are up and the clock is even showing the time I put it into sleep. I restarted my computer (still no post) and everything seems to work, put it into sleep mode again, and have the same issue. Does anyone know what is going on? I apologize if this is not a hardware issue but I do not know what this is and hardware is my best guess.

running windows 8

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard 
Memory: G.Skill NS Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB Tri-X Video Card 
Case: Rosewill GALAXY-02-A ATX Mid Tower Case 
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply 

Edited by coracken, 31 October 2015 - 02:17 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users