Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Service Pack 1 for Windows 7

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JazzMahn

JazzMahn

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 AM

Posted 30 October 2015 - 05:11 PM

Have just rebuilt a Windows 7 machine for a friend who lost his entire operating system.  I have it installed but need to install SP 1.  I have gone to Google and Microsoft but have not found a decent download site.  Microsoft has so many various downloads that I'm not sure which one to use.

I would appreciate it if someone could give me a link so that I could download Windows 7 SP1.  I don't need to download Windows 7 just the Service Pack.

Thanks for your help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,683 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 AM

Posted 30 October 2015 - 05:14 PM

Hi JazzMahn :)

The SP1 is available on the Microsoft Download Center.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/details.aspx?id=5842

Simply download the windows6.1-KB976932-X64.exe for Windows 7 64-bit, or windows6.1-KB976932-X86.exefor Windows 7 32-bit. You could also download the 7601.17514.101119-1850_Update_Sp_Wave1-GRMSP1.1_DVD.iso file, mount it and launch the install from there.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users