Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

W7 peer to peer issues AGAIN geez

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 JUNGLEJIMH

JUNGLEJIMH

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 AM

Posted 30 October 2015 - 02:44 PM

I have had a peer to peer win network for several years.

one of my machines had a two hard drive boot 32 or 64 bit depending on the boot drive.

I finally made the jump over to the 64 bit op system and spent the 2 week ordeal of installation, quirks, and general messes.

Issue  this machine does not WANT TO PLAY NICE WITH OTHERS.

yes every setting appears to be the same as the others.

I stay away from wizards (and witches)

No need to go into check the homegroup etc.

we had found two keys in the admin module a couple of years ago that stopped all this.

local security policy>local security policies>Security Options>

lan manager attenuation level .. set ... send LM & NTLM - use NTLMv2 session...

LDAP client sign requirements ... set ... negotiate signing.

this has done the trick for several years on the dozens of machines that have past through this house.

I get the famous... windows cannot access \\pc-64 ect....

which key... is buried down there...  I have 6 computers that all talk to each other... this guy can talk to... but he wont let them talk to him...

its in there.. but where....

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users