Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hijacked By Bloodhound Exploit.56 And Downloader Generic Sxx

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nayei

nayei

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 AM

Posted 20 July 2006 - 10:09 PM

Bloohound Exploit.56 and Downloader Generic Sxx was found by one of these tools, A-Squared, Ad-Aware, Avg or one of the other tools I have been using to find out why a second window opens in Internet Explorer and a ad appears for selling this service or that product.

For the moment I have disabled Active X in this computer, but that is only a temporary solution. What I would like is help using Hijack This (because I have been told using this program should only be used if you are really computer smart and since I'm somewhere below this level, I'm willing to use this program but only with the proper help at hand.

Unless there is some other program that is less of a threat to messing up the registry of this computer, please help me carefully use Hijack This to forever remove the cause of the problem I have described.

Thank You and for now I will just wait my turn for help with this problem.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 nayei

nayei
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 AM

Posted 20 July 2006 - 10:18 PM

I will use Hijack This only after proper study and help so I don't mess up the registry on the computer that has what I described in the topic title; Unless you know of another tool that does the same thing as Hijack This and the chance of messing up the registry is more remote.

Have any of you heard of Bloodhound Exploit.56 or Downloader Generic Sxx.

Thanks From A New User,

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,040 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 AM

Posted 20 July 2006 - 11:58 PM

Have you tried to scan these in safe mode?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users