Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bluetooth issues

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 BMJ1990

BMJ1990

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 AM

Posted 30 October 2015 - 05:37 AM

Not sure if I'm posting in the right place, please move it if I'm not. Sorry!

So I just built my first pc. and I got a network adapter that supports Bluetooth (gc-wb867d-i). and so far the only thing ive been able to pair is my iPhone (just as a test to see if it was actually working).

I have 2-4 devices showing up, but they all say unknown device, and all attempts to pair, fail. What I want to pair is a ps3 headset (cause that's what I have on hand). I Can pair the headset with my phone (it wasn't paired to anything when trying to pair it with my pc, I don't even have a PS3 anymore)

I put the headset in (what I believe to be) discovery mode. But it still shows up as unknown device, if at all.

Any point to the right direction would be greatly appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,407 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 AM

Posted 30 October 2015 - 10:52 AM

I'm not sure what you are referring to as "pairing".  But it sounds like you are trying to set up a network which you could use to communicate through to other computers or devices, such as a smart phone.

Do you have a router?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 BMJ1990

BMJ1990
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2015 - 11:20 AM

Yeah I have a router. I'm trying to connect a PS3 Bluetooth headset with my pc that has Bluetooth. But in general there's a few devices that show up when I click "add device" on my pc that all show up as unknown and all attempts to connect fail. I have everything checked in Bluetooth settings. And I'm on win10 if that makes any sort of difference.

#4 BMJ1990

BMJ1990
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2015 - 12:28 PM

I had tried pairing the headset prior to trying the phone. So there was the anything paired with my pc or headset. But I'm able to pair my phone with my pc AND the headset at the same time. The phone/pc pairing I could care less about, that was more so a trouble shoot than anything.

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,407 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 AM

Posted 30 October 2015 - 12:29 PM

How to pair the PLaystation 3 Bluetooth headset to a device other than the Playstation 3:

Ensure the headset is turned off (NO lights flashing).

Press  and hold the power button untill you see the mic mute red ring flash  (Aprox 7 seconds). The green power light and the red mic mute light  should now be flashing alternativly. This incidates the headset is in  pairing mode.

Turn on the buletooth on your other devide (Phone,  PC, Etc) and search for new device. Your headset should appear as  "wireless headset" or "headset".

Select this device to pair.

Conection should now be establised and you are ready to use your headset.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 BMJ1990

BMJ1990
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2015 - 12:33 PM

That's exactly what I did. But it doesn't show up as a device, or it might show up, but as "unknown" and pairing fails.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users