Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Howdy I have a Bleeping Firefox pop up ad :(

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Daniel_DeFoe

Daniel_DeFoe

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 AM

Posted 29 October 2015 - 04:13 PM

After a lot of reading on Mozilla's page for Firefox and how to solve a pop up ad campaign that blocks my attempts at reading Amazon and a few other shopping websites, I got angry enough to start my quest on how to remove this anoying bit of code. A few twists and turns have lead me here, to I hope will yeild a solution to my anoyance.

My name is Daniel and I am an English spaking person in a non English speaking (for the most part) country in eastern europ. I am hoping you can help me solve a few aggravations.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,937 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 AM

Posted 29 October 2015 - 06:05 PM

:welcome: to Bleeping Computer.

As a new member be sure to read the Welcome to Bleeping Computer! Guide and the following...If you need individual assistance with malware infection, you should start a new topic in the Am I infected? What do I do? forum

Best regards
The BC Staff
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 Daniel_DeFoe

Daniel_DeFoe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2015 - 06:24 PM

Thank's.

I have started the reading, and it looks like its going to be a lot. The hard part when you have to study to survive school and the computer you are using get's something you don't want. So as I can allocate time to this persuite, I will be back to figure out how to solve this annoyance. Back to the studdy programs for now though.

Daniel

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,937 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 AM

Posted 29 October 2015 - 06:35 PM

I understand.

You don't need to read all those topics right away but I would suggest starting a new topic in the Am I infected? What do I do? forum in order to clean and get your computer running properly again

Good luck.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#5 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 PM

Posted 29 October 2015 - 06:36 PM

Seeing you have an immediate problem.....Start a new topic HERE

Keep it simple....basically what you put in your opening post here will suffice...plus the OS you are using...windows 7 or 8 or whatever.....maybe the n ame on the popup...?

Then while you wait for a reply......go through the reading suggested by quietman7,.....it will save you some angst down the track and generally make your life simpler.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#6 Daniel_DeFoe

Daniel_DeFoe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2015 - 04:09 AM

Hello guy's, I kept reading and sent an email to a buddy, the buddy told me about
one of the features I had forgoten about in Firefox, that is the Add-on's.  and he sent
me a link to a help page.
Remove Adware or pop-ups from Mozilla Firefox (Complete Guide)
hxxps://www.fixyourbrowser.com/how-to/remove-adware-pop-ups-mozilla-firefox-complete-guide/

It outlines that you can opt in or out of add-on's and I guess I opted in and forgot that I had.
The good new's is it was not a virus, and that by removing the add-on the pop up ad's that
were very annoying vanished when I took the plug in for Monarch Find out of Firefox.

I hope my frustrations and documenting them here will help someone else in the future.
Simple solution, if you can remember what you added, and how the program works.

Thank you for your support guys. Hope that everyone elses solution comes as easily.
And even though you never got the chance to solve this one, reading your posts
got me to thinking methodically again, which I guess you guy's inspired.

Daniel.
ps.  I guess I have to scream at myself for forgetting the set up
and not my paid subscription to Mcaffe. lol.

Mod Edit by quietman7: link to non-Bleeping Computer malware removal guide disabled or removed per this policy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users