Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell Inspiron Mini 10 New Battery can't charge

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 HelpDeskGeorge

HelpDeskGeorge

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 PM

Posted 29 October 2015 - 12:53 PM

Hello,

I work at a IT HelpDesk. I have a Dell Inspiron Mini 10 (refurbished) that we have purchased a new battery and new charger for. The computer will run if it is just running off AC power with the battery out. The charger will not charge the battery and the battery is currently dead. I checked the Dell website for the latest battery drivers but it didn't suggest any for me. I can't uninstall the battery driver because you need to; uninstall, reboot, then plug battery in and scan for hardware changes in Device Manager. But since my battery is dead and will not charge that isn't an option. Does anyone have any suggestions? I would really appreciate the help.

Thanks,

HelpDeskGeorge

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HelpDeskGeorge

HelpDeskGeorge
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2015 - 03:38 PM

I went back to the Dell website and installed any and every battery driver and my issue still persists.

#3 HelpDeskGeorge

HelpDeskGeorge
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2015 - 03:43 PM

I also went into the BIOS to check the charger behavior like this article states: http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19494727

But in my advanced tab I did not have a Charger Behavior section.

#4 HelpDeskGeorge

HelpDeskGeorge
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2015 - 04:10 PM

I tried downloading the A11 BIOS update from the Dell website, but I can't becuase I'm not able to charge my battery. That update requires the battery to be charged over 10% and be connected to external power. Could really use some suggestions. 

#5 sparklestar

sparklestar

• Members
  • 348 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 PM

Posted 30 October 2015 - 12:39 AM

I didn't think there was such a thing as battery drivers. Sounds like the battery is DOA?

#6 HelpDeskGeorge

HelpDeskGeorge
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2015 - 06:09 PM

I found another Dell Inspiron Mini to troubleshoot with. I took the battery from the laptop that won't charge and put it in the spare I found. The battery WILL charge in this spare laptop. I've tried using two different chargers, both chargers work to charge the spare laptop. I've been told that flashing the BIOS should allow the battery and charger to communicate. However, I can't flash the BIOS due to the laptop not detecting the charger. A requirement to flash BIOS is for the laptop to be hooked up to external power. Anyone have a suggestion?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users