Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google Chrome Show Apps & Show Apps In New Tab

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 tazmo8448

tazmo8448

• Members
  • 88 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 PM

Posted 29 October 2015 - 09:05 AM

When I ciick on the new tab that shows apps three out of four apps I have selected are showing generic icons rather than the normal icons, also three out of the four are grey; they are as follows:-

1] Web Store-----------color

2] YouTube-------------grey

3] Google Search-----grey

4] Gmail-----------------grey

I have run the Chrome Cleaner, uninstalled/re-installed Chrome, deleted the app extension, reinstalled the app extension to no avail. Each time the grey icons appear and on the last go round they appeared as generic cubes. To boot the same condition applies to my other two computers. It seems when I install Chrome each time this condition manifests itself no matter where I install it; it's like it's locked in to any install on any machine be it laptop or desktop, like I inherit it. I was given these instructions but am unclear on exactly what they mean and how to go about doing it and that is to remove the following.

CHR NewTab: Default -> "chrome-extension://nohbdifokmdgjcbbeobglcbaifinhfip/go.html"   (don't know how to apply this or where it is)

I have gone to the C:\Users\Trixie\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\nohbdifokmdgjcbbeobglcbaifinhfip and removed it.

I have posted in Chrome forums only to receive one response that didn't help they gave me the boiler plate ''check for malware' and just recently ran the FRST here on BleepingComputer (thanks nasdaq)

Any ideas are open. thanks in advance.

Edited by tazmo8448, 29 October 2015 - 09:05 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users