Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My GPU fan is not spinning

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 nokisgp

nokisgp

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2015 - 05:22 AM

So for about 3 days now ive been having a big problem . My pc monitor keeps going black because of that error : nvidia display driver stop responding and recovered , something like that . So i googled what would be the cause of all this , checked the reasons and came up with only one possible reason : overheating .
So ive opened my pc and wanted to check if my gpu fan is working , and as i though its barely working . So ive tried cleaning dust out of my pc , in case it was stuck or something , it didnt help . And for maybe 1 day now i keep looking at my gpu to see how it works , before i shutdown my pc it was spinning , now when i turn it on its barely working , spins for like 1 second and stops , i feel like its stuck , because its hard to spin when i try to spin it with my hand compared with my cpu fan that i only need to touch a little bit and it spins .
Also i tried to spin it with my finger when the pc was turned on and the fan wasnt spinning , it spinned for maybe 2 seconds and stopped again . It feels like the fan cant start or something .
About my pc , its like 4 years old it was working perfectly all the time , fans and everything were working correctly , but now the gpu fan started to work strange , 1 day it works the other day it doesnt .
By the way when it spins it makes a strange sound like its bumping in to something .
Wont put my pc specs because i dont think you need them , the pc is old and was working good all the time its not like a new pc that was just built and doesnt get enough power or something .

Edited by nokisgp, 29 October 2015 - 05:24 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CodeSmasha

CodeSmasha

• Banned
  • 524 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 PM

Posted 29 October 2015 - 06:07 AM

Take the GPU out and see if any cords are around the fans. 

#3 nokisgp

nokisgp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2015 - 10:23 AM

Theres nothing around fans . Everythings clean . I was watching the fan working today . It runs normally but it stops like something would stop it , but not in a certain place , it just stops whenever it wants ...

#4 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 PM

Posted 29 October 2015 - 10:45 AM

Awhile back, I added some small fans inside my desktop, noisy-yes, cooler-yes.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#5 nokisgp

nokisgp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2015 - 10:48 AM

Mine are noisy if works - yes , coller-no . Even if it works its not enough cooling because it keeps stopping and things like that , it cant start up

#6 CodeSmasha

CodeSmasha

• Banned
  • 524 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 PM

Posted 29 October 2015 - 07:04 PM

Defective GPU?

#7 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,366 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 PM

Posted 30 October 2015 - 06:29 PM

What model gpu are you using?

Are you using Nvidia's latest drivers?

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#8 nokisgp

nokisgp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2015 - 01:55 AM

Iam using nvidia gtx 550 ti , and i have the latest drivers .
I was searching in google if people had a problem like mine and one guy fixed this by reinstalling drivers , ill try that when i can

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users