Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

printing large photos

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ArtVandalay7

ArtVandalay7

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 AM

Posted 28 October 2015 - 04:03 PM

Ok, after about 2 hours of trying to figure this out on my own, I am at a loss.

I am simply trying to print a large photo by breaking it into multiple smaller letter-sized photos and gluing together.  How do I just print, for example, page 3??!! Everything is grayed out for selecting a particular page to print in the print dialog box.  I have tried MS Paint, converting to PDF and using Acrobat, using IrfanView...nothing seems to be able to accomplish this seemingly very simple task...

Help please!

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 28 October 2015 - 05:01 PM.
Moved from Win 8 to 'Graphics and photo editing'

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,226 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 AM

Posted 28 October 2015 - 05:09 PM

The reason is that all the applications you have used are seeing this as one single image and trying to print it as one, probably scaled to fit on a single page out of your printer.

What you are going to have to do is break it it down into several page sized images, save each of these as separate images and print each one individually, then stick them together. You can do this by using the 'Select' tool, then copy and paste each piece as a new image, then save it. You will need to be careful that each area you select is the same size or you will have a very difficult time joining them together.

If you manage to get all the sub-images the same size and you are careful with how you join them together you should finish up with a reasonable quality single large image.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 ArtVandalay7

ArtVandalay7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 AM

Posted 28 October 2015 - 07:42 PM

thanks for replying.  That seems very difficult.  When you access print preview, it correctly subdivides the image into printable, single uniform images that can be more easily parsed together so it seems that the application is not seeing it as a single image; it just won't let me pick and choose which pieces to print vs. having to print all of them in succession every time.  Seems like a major flaw if this can't be done somehow!

#4 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,226 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 AM

Posted 29 October 2015 - 06:42 PM

OK, I may have misunderstood - I'm always capable of it !

What size of image are you trying to print and what applications are you using or have tried ? If you let me know this I'll go and see if I can reproduce it. I have a couple of really big images I can use for playing. They are images I stitched together from Google Earth because I was planning to model a couple of airfields in the north of Scotland for CFS 2 but I have never got round to it yet.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users