Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dastardly Pop-ups & redirected links (chrome to bing)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 psithurist8

psithurist8

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 PM

Posted 28 October 2015 - 10:05 AM

Good day!  :hello:

Well, I've been infected with -something- and I'm not quite sure what! I've taken initiative to find a cure, but I haven't been so successful. I was lucky enough to find this site and find a post that related to my situation - Pop-ups every time I click somewhere and Google Chrome search keeps being redirected to Bing. At first, I did an Avira scan - no results. I changed the settings on the pop-up blocker - nothing changed. Then I ran Malware Bytes - still nothing. :ranting:

Then I found this post : http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/486941/pop-ups-wont-stop-coming-up-and-my-computer-is-acting-sluggish/ 

This person's issues are the same as mine, only they explain it a bit better. I also have Windows 7. 

I then proceeded to follow the majority of the steps that are given :

-downloaded TDSSKiller - scan - reboot - no results.

-downloaded aswMBR - downloaded AVAST - scan - saved log. 

-ran ESET Online Scanner - scan - couldn't save the log/can't find it?

After this, I was still having issues. I continued to follow the instructions given on this forum (even though I'm still not sure if I'm doing any of this correctly, or supposed to be doing any of it at all!! :wacko: ). 

- ran Farbars Service Scanner - saved log. 

- ran AdwCleaner - saved log. 

- ran Junkware Removal Tool - saved log. 

- TRIED Rkill, but I couldn't click on any of the links. 

This is as far as I've gotten. I'm still having issues with redirecting pages, especially with Chrome. The pop-ups seemed to have "tamed" themselves for now....but that could also be because I'm avoiding surfing as much as possible. I'm not sure if I should carry on with the steps posted in the aforementioned post, so before I do any (more) damage, I figured I'd reach for help! :scratchhead:

Attached are the saved logs of each scan. Hopefully they help...

I'm REALLY hoping someone can help me figure this out! I'm super happy to have found this site and hopefully I will have a solution from an experienced person very soon! 

THANK YOU very much for your time and any information you can give!  :thumbsup:

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 polskamachina

polskamachina

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,042 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 PM

Posted 29 October 2015 - 12:39 AM

Hi psithurist8 :)

My name is polsakamcihna and I will be helping you with your malware problems. What follows are some ground rules for this forum I will send you a reply as soon as possible (typically within 24-48 hours). In turn, I ask that you please respond within 72 hours. If you know you will be away longer than that, please let me know. I am in California at GMT-7 hours (Pacific Standard Time). If I do not respond to you within 48 hours, feel free to send me a private message.

Some points for you to keep in mind:

• Do NOT run any tools unless instructed to do so.
  • We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.
  • Do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
  • I cannot see your computer. Periodically update me on the condition of your computer, and provide as much detail as you can in every post.
  • Once things seem to be working again, please do not abandon the thread. I will give an "all-clean" message at the very end.
  • NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planned. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a flash drive, anywhere except on the computer.
  • NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.

First, please click on this link and carefully read the preparation guide. I would like you to replace the instructions in steps 6 and 7 with the ones below.

Please download the 64-bit version of the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.

• Right-click FRST then click Run as administrator.
  • When the tool opens, click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • When finished, it will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory from which the tool was run.
  • Please copy and paste the log into your next reply to me.

The first time the tool is run it generates another log, Addition.txt, which is also located in the same directory from which the tool was run. Please copy and paste that along with the FRST.txt into your next reply to me.

In summary I will need from you:

• FRST.txt
  • Addition.txt

Let me know if you have any questions.

polskamachina

Edited by polskamachina, 29 October 2015 - 12:53 AM.

#3 polskamachina

polskamachina

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,042 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 PM

Posted 01 November 2015 - 01:06 PM

Hi psithurist8 :)

It's been a while since you've checked in. Did you need any more help with this? If not, this topic will be closed in 48 hours.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

polskamachina

#4 thcbytes

thcbytes

• Malware Response Team
  • 14,790 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 PM

Posted 05 November 2015 - 10:41 PM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.

In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days.

Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.
Proud member - Unified Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators
Posted Image

I do not accept personal donations for assistance provided. I would ask that you instead consider donating the greatest gift - Organ Donation. Your organs are of no use to you when your gone. You will save a life that would otherwise be lost!

http://donatelife.net/register-now/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users