Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Screen turns white

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 trishycamp

trishycamp

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 PM

Posted 28 October 2015 - 07:53 AM

I have been having this problem for a couple of weeks. While working on my computer my screen will just turn white and freeze up. To fix I just hit the power button on my monitor and turn it back on and then it happens again 3-4 times.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,790 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2015 - 08:21 AM

My first piece of advice for these sorts of occurrences is to go to your computer manufacturer's website and check for driver updates.  It's interesting how many problems old drivers are causing with the introduction of Windows 10 and the fact that they're generally sporadic/erratic in nature.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts.  Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.

~ Mark Twain

#3 trishycamp

trishycamp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2015 - 07:59 AM

It says that Dell Optiflex 750 will not be updating drivers for Windows 10 :( It has been more then 30 days since I upgraded to Windows 10 and it says if I revert back to the old version the file automatically deleted. Am I out of luck?

#4 Platypus

Platypus

• Global Moderator
  • 15,761 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 AM

Posted 29 October 2015 - 08:20 AM

If the only thing you need to do is power cycle the monitor, not reboot the computer or anything else, the fault is in the monitor. To prove absolutely you could use the monitor on a different computer, or borrow another monitor for a while to use on your computer.

If it is confirmed that it's a monitor fault, the commonest cause of a complete white screen is a supply voltage failure inside the LCD panel. It can be something like just a cracked solder joint, but the board where it happens is not always accessible and you'd need a technician to locate and repair the problem if it is possible to reach on the LCD in your monitor.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#5 trishycamp

trishycamp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2015 - 02:52 PM

Thank you!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users