Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I am not able to create a new Email address.

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Balliol

Balliol

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 PM

Posted 28 October 2015 - 04:26 AM

I went through the process of creating a new Email address and sent a test message from my other Email address to it but nowt happened. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,912 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 PM

Posted 28 October 2015 - 04:55 AM

Give the new address more time for the email client's servers to recognize it....shouldn't be more than 24 hours.  Otherwise, make sure you are using the correct

address for the new email address.

If the problem persists....it might help others to help you if give the name of the email programs involved...like...Yahoo, Gmail, Outlook, etc.

EDIT: check the settings for the new email account....Outlook for instance, allows blocking all senders except those in your address book. Not likely

a default setting but worth the time to check the settings.

Edited by buddy215, 28 October 2015 - 04:59 AM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 Balliol

Balliol
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2015 - 06:22 AM

I use Windows Live Mail but when I attempt to use the new account a box come up with the username and password to which I click on the OK and it disappears only to return a minute or so later.  The bottom righthand corner shows working on line and authorising but goes no further.  I'm unclear what clicking the default setting will do.

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,912 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2015 - 07:36 AM

Run CCleaner using the directions below. It could be a cookie or a cookie that didn't install that is causing the problem. Or just simply the mail client server

needs more time to update for your new email account.

CCleaner will delete all the cookies on all browsers allowing for new ones when you go to log back into Live Mail.

Use CCleaner to remove Temporary files, program caches, cookies, logs, etc. Use the Default settings. No need to use the

Registry Cleaning Tool...risky. Pay close attention while installing and UNcheck offers of toolbars....especially Google.

After install, open CCleaner and run by clicking on the Run Cleaner button in the bottom right corner.

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,912 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2015 - 07:44 AM

I use Outlook which I think as far as settings go it is the same as your Live Mail...I could be wrong. Open the new account and click on the gear icon and choose

options...if it is like Outlook then you should see a whole page full of different things you can do for setting up the account's security etc.

Perhaps another member here will correct the above if needed.

#6 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 28 October 2015 - 09:37 AM

Delete the account you set up in Windows Live Mail for the new email address.

Then re-create it.

If that doesn't work please tell us the domain you used for the new email. (gmail, yahoo, your internet service provider mail, etc).

All we need is the domain, NOT the name of the email account.

#7 Balliol

Balliol
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2015 - 10:04 AM

You said, “check the settings for the new email account....Outlook for instance, allows blocking all senders except those in your address book. Not likely a default setting but worth the time to check the settings.”  I have no idea how to check the settings for the new email account.

Open the new account and click on the gear icon and choose.  I have no idea where the gear icon is.

You said, tell us the domain you used for the new email. (gmail, yahoo, your internet service provider mail, etc).  I have no idea how to do this.

I opened Export Mail, then Email Messages , then Account, then Windows Live Mail Export, then Select program, then Select the format you want to export email to and the choice of Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft Windows Mail came up but I was stuck there.

Please excuse my lack of knowledge.

#8 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 28 October 2015 - 11:32 AM

The domain of the email would be @gmail.com, yahoo.com, isp name.com or .net.

#9 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2015 - 12:33 PM

I opened Export Mail, then Email Messages , then Account, then Windows Live Mail Export, then Select program, then Select the format you want to export email to and the choice of Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft Windows Mail came up but I was stuck there.

That has nothing to do with what you are trying to accomplish.

Exporting mail is simply a way to copy your mail to a folder on your computer, which serves as a backup for mail.

when I attempt to use the new account a box come up with the username and password to which I click on the OK and it disappears only to return a minute or so later.

When this happens, does the box say anything else? Does it give you an error message or error number?

Also, when the box popped up instead of clicking OK, have you tried deleting the user name and password in the box and entering them and then clicking ok?

I have no idea where the gear icon is

Windows Live Mail does not have a gear icon.

I can walk you through the settings but need to know the email domain first.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 28 October 2015 - 12:37 PM.

#10 Balliol

Balliol
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2015 - 06:27 PM

@btinternet.com

#11 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2015 - 06:36 PM

Please answer these questions which I previously asked:

When this happens, does the box say anything else? Does it give you an error message or error number?

Also, when the box popped up instead of clicking OK, have you tried deleting the user name and password in the box and entering them and then clicking ok?

#12 Balliol

Balliol
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2015 - 07:06 PM

My apologies but I'm knackered writing something and I will come back to the errant Email account in the morning.

#13 Balliol

Balliol
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2015 - 12:07 PM

Many thanks for taking all the time that you have attempting to unravel my mess.  I have set out below the sequence of events that I have just followed yet again with no result.  I attempted to take a Snip of the box but it did not transfer.

I deleted the Email account I created and then started again.

Switched on Windows live mail

Clicked on “Accounts”

Clicked on where was an @ with a green cross

Filled in the box marked Email address with a new Email address

Filled in the Password

Filled in the display name

I did not tick the "Make this my default email account"

I did not manually configure server settings because I don’t know how

A box comes up with the following

Logon-Btinternet and the new Email address

Please enter your user name and password for the following server but there already shown in box

Log on

Server mail.btinternet.com

User Name box with the new email address in it

Password with the new password in it

Box showing, “Remember Password” ticked

Two boxes OK and Cancel

I keep ticking the OK one but it just goes and then returns.

Then another larger box comes up headed “Windows Live Mail” with the following

Some errors occurred while processing the requested tasks. Please review the list of errors below for more details

There is an explanation mark on the left and three boxes to the right “Close” “Stop” “Details”

Then, “Unable to send or receive messages for the Btinternet (New email address) account. An incorrect password was entered.

Server error:Ox800CCC90. Server Response:-ETT(AUTH) invalid user or password

Server: ‘mail.btinternet.com Windows Live Mail Error ID: Ox800CCC92 Protocol: POP3 Port110 Secures (SSL):No

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users