Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I think I'm infected with a fake chrome virus or something.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 LionessLeona

LionessLeona

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 PM

Posted 28 October 2015 - 01:47 AM

I think I'm infected with a series of viruses and/or trojans! What do I do? I'm not good with computers i found this problem in my music folder.  (windows-support-online-services-com) Also some of my pictures have turned into fake chrome symbols.  My computer is very slow and will hardly work today.  I have found a few other things that i have questions about.   have Windows 7 Ultimate on an Acer computer

This is a list of cleaners and tools used to try to clean this computer off and fix problems:

Hitman Pro

Emsisoft

Malewarebytes Antimaleware 

Zemana

Glary Utilities 

I also use Kaspersky CCleaner, and Super Antispyware daily 

It did however find something called Conduit and quarantined it.  

Edited by LionessLeona, 28 October 2015 - 03:02 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,320 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 PM

Posted 28 October 2015 - 04:28 AM

Glary Utilities include tools not recommended to be used by the professionals and Bleeping Computer.

Download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.

• Close all open programs and internet browsers.
  • Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Click on Scan button.
  • When the scan has finished click on Clean button.
  • Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
  • Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.
  • You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.
  • download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
  • Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
  • Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
  • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
  • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
  • On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
  • Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message

Post the three lists mentioned below using CCleaner after completing the other scans.

Open CCleaner and click on Tools. Choose Startups. On that page you will see a list of Windows Startups and at the top tabs for each browser and Scheduled Tasks.

At the bottom right of that page you will see a button when clicked will allow you to Copy and Paste the list of Windows Startups and Scheduled Tasks into your next

post. Please do that.

Open CCleaner and click on Tools. Choose Uninstall. On that page you will see a list of programs installed on your computer and at the bottom right of that page you

will see a button when clicked will allow you to Copy and Paste that list in your next post. Please do that.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 LionessLeona

LionessLeona
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2015 - 07:18 PM

Thank you so much for your help here is the requested info 

# AdwCleaner v5.015 - Logfile created 28/10/2015 at 18:25:43
# Updated 26/10/2015 by Xplode
# Database : 2015-10-26.2 [Server]
# Operating system : Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1 (x86)
# Username : User - USER-PC
# Running from : C:\Users\User\Downloads\adwcleaner_5.015.exe
# Option : Cleaning

***** [ Services ] *****

***** [ Folders ] *****

***** [ Files ] *****

[-] File Deleted : C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Local Extension Settings\lipgolpfajiadodbcbljdpmbmbdmfcil

***** [ DLLs ] *****

***** [ Shortcuts ] *****

***** [ Scheduled tasks ] *****

***** [ Registry ] *****

***** [ Web browsers ] *****

[-] [C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Web Data] [Search Provider] Deleted : ask.com
[-] [C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Web Data] [Search Provider] Deleted : aol.com

:: Winsock settings cleared

########## EOF - C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[C3].txt - [1010 bytes] ##########

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Junkware Removal Tool (JRT) by Malwarebytes
Version: 7.6.4 (09.28.2015:1)
Ran by User on Wed 10/28/2015 at 18:52:16.36

~~~ Services

~~~ Tasks

Successfully deleted: [Task] C:\Windows\Tasks\Wise Care 365 PC Checkup Task.job
Successfully deleted: [Task] C:\Windows\Tasks\Wise Turbo Checker.job

~~~ Registry Values

Successfully deleted: [Registry Value] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\\driver support

~~~ Registry Keys

~~~ Files

Successfully deleted: [File] C:\ProgramData\ntuser.dat{f1bd4fe5-bded-11e4-9c11-b870f4884824}.TM.blf
Successfully deleted: [File] C:\ProgramData\ntuser.dat{f1bd4fe5-bded-11e4-9c11-b870f4884824}.TMContainer00000000000000000001.regtrans-ms
Successfully deleted: [File] C:\ProgramData\ntuser.dat{f1bd4fe5-bded-11e4-9c11-b870f4884824}.TMContainer00000000000000000002.regtrans-ms

~~~ Folders

Successfully deleted: [Folder] C:\Program Files\iobit\driver booster
Successfully deleted: [Folder] C:\ProgramData\iobit\driver booster
Successfully deleted: [Folder] C:\ProgramData\productdata
Successfully deleted: [Folder] C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\iobit\driver booster
Successfully deleted: [Folder] C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\productdata

~~~ Chrome

[C:\Users\User\Appdata\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Preferences] - default search provider reset

[C:\Users\User\Appdata\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Preferences] - Extensions Deleted:

[C:\Users\User\Appdata\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Secure Preferences] - default search provider reset

[C:\Users\User\Appdata\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Secure Preferences] - Extensions Deleted:
[]

Scan was completed on Wed 10/28/2015 at 19:01:43.95
End of JRT log

Startup

No HKCU:Run DrvUpdater Kuzyakov Artur Vyacheslavovich IP C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\DRPSu\DrvUpdater.exe /hide
Yes HKCU:Run GUDelayStartup Glarysoft Ltd "C:\Program Files\Glary Utilities 5\StartupManager.exe" -delayrun
No HKCU:Run GUDelayStartup Glarysoft Ltd "C:\Program Files\Glary Utilities 5\StartupManager.exe" -delayrun
No HKCU:Run HP ENVY 7640 series (NET) Hewlett-Packard Development Company, LP "C:\Program Files\HP\HP ENVY 7640 series\Bin\ScanToPCActivationApp.exe" -deviceID "TH4AR260D7063T:NW" -scfn "HP ENVY 7640 series (NET)" -AutoStart 1
No HKCU:Run Skype Skype Technologies S.A. "C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" /minimized /regrun
Yes HKCU:Run SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
Yes HKCU:Run Uploader C:\Program Files\Seagate\Seagate Dashboard 2.0\Seagate.Dashboard.Uploader.exe
No HKLM:Run APSDaemon Apple Inc. "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support\APSDaemon.exe"
No HKLM:Run GrooveMonitor Microsoft Corporation "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exe"
No HKLM:Run HP Software Update Hewlett-Packard C:\Program Files\Hp\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
No HKLM:Run iTunesHelper Apple Inc. "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
No HKLM:Run USB Optical Mouse "C:\Program Files\USB Optical Mouse\USB Optical Mouse\MouseHid.exe"
No Startup Common Microsoft Office.lnk Microsoft Corporation C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\OSA.EXE -b -l
No Startup User Dropbox.lnk Dropbox, Inc. C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\Dropbox.exe /systemstartup
No Startup User Dropbox.lnk.disabled C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\Dropbox.lnk.disabled
No Startup User OneNote 2007 Screen Clipper and Launcher.lnk Microsoft Corporation C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\ONENOTEM.EXE /tsr

Scheduled Tasks

Yes Task Adobe Acrobat Update Task Adobe Systems Incorporated C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe
Yes Task GlaryInitialize 5 Glarysoft Ltd C:\Program Files\Glary Utilities 5\Initialize.exe
Yes Task GoogleUpdateTaskMachineCore Google Inc. C:\Program Files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe /c
Yes Task GoogleUpdateTaskMachineUA Google Inc. C:\Program Files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe /ua /installsource scheduler
Yes Task GU5SkipUAC Glarysoft Ltd C:\Program Files\Glary Utilities 5\Integrator.exe $(Arg0)
Yes Task Seagate_Install_Launch C:\Program Files\Seagate\Seagate Dashboard 2.0\Dashboard.exe
No Task {402BEB33-5D2B-4988-9EBB-BEBB53AA9328} Microsoft Corporation C:\Windows\system32\pcalua.exe -a C:\Users\User\Downloads\air4-0_win.exe -d C:\Users\User\Downloads

Install

7-Zip 9.20 Igor Pavlov 9/26/2013 3.44 MB 9.20.00.0
Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Adobe Systems Incorporated 10/17/2015 187 MB 15.009.20071
Adobe AIR Adobe Systems Incorporated 1/6/2014 4.0.0.1390
Adobe Flash Player 17 ActiveX Adobe Systems Incorporated 3/11/2015 6.00 MB 17.0.0.135
Adobe Flash Player 17 NPAPI Adobe Systems Incorporated 3/11/2015 6.00 MB 17.0.0.135
Adobe Shockwave Player 12.1 Adobe Systems, Inc 3/15/2015 53.3 MB 12.1.7.157
Apple Application Support Apple Inc. 10/5/2013 64.0 MB 2.3.6
Apple Mobile Device Support Apple Inc. 10/5/2013 24.5 MB 7.0.0.117
Apple Software Update Apple Inc. 10/5/2013 2.38 MB 2.1.3.127
Ashampoo Burning Studio 10.0.1 ashampoo GmbH & Co. KG 9/26/2013 197 MB 10.0.1
Atheros Driver Installation Program Atheros 10/5/2013 9.0
Auto-Pet-Buy version 1.2.2.2 Rodolfo U. Batista 7/8/2014 1.04 MB 1.2.2.2
Bonjour Apple Inc. 10/5/2013 0.98 MB 3.0.0.10
CCleaner Piriform 12/25/2013 4.09
DriverPack Solution Updater DriverPack Solution 1/6/2014 0.0.25
Dropbox Dropbox, Inc. 5/8/2015 3.4.6
Foxit Reader Foxit Corporation 9/26/2013 35.3 MB 5.1.3.1201
Glary Utilities 5.36 Glarysoft Ltd 10/21/2015 5.36.0.56
Google Chrome Google Inc. 10/5/2013 46.0.2490.80
HitmanPro 3.7 SurfRight B.V. 10/25/2015 3.7.10.250
HP ENVY 7640 series Basic Device Software Hewlett-Packard Co. 2/22/2015 183 MB 34.2.117.50647

#4 LionessLeona

LionessLeona
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2015 - 04:23 AM

my laptop is slower now than ever.  The items i thought that was a virus were not removed.  I managed to remove Glary Utilities but when I removed it I noticed it didnt remove it from the downloads.  I used SuperAntispyware to remove it from downloads and noticed other things I had removed from the control panel were not removed as well.  I also removed them with the same app.  I am not sure at this point what is going on but I know it is about to stop working on me.  Here is what I am talking about that I think is the problem I am finding all of these Chrome symbols now in music and pictures I did a screen shot of two that are url's.  I am sorry it will not let me post them.  I don't know that much about computers so I am trying to figure things out.  Please help.  Thanks in advance. 

#5 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,320 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2015 - 08:18 AM

One or more of the items mentioned in the logs can and have damaged computers by corrupting the registry.

Uninstall these programs: Use Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware in Advanced Mode to uninstall programs.

Glary Utilities 5.36 Glarysoft Ltd 10/21/2015 5.36.0.56

Google Chrome Google Inc. 10/5/2013 46.0.2490.80 (Allow the uninstaller to remove all including your profile)

Uninstall these Flash programs using the Flash uninstaller found at Uninstall Flash Player | Windows

Adobe Flash Player 17 ActiveX Adobe Systems Incorporated 3/11/2015 6.00 MB 17.0.0.135
Adobe Flash Player 17 NPAPI Adobe Systems Incorporated 3/11/2015 6.00 MB 17.0.0.135

Disable These Scheduled Tasks:
Yes Task Adobe Acrobat Update Task Adobe Systems Incorporated C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe
Yes Task GlaryInitialize 5 Glarysoft Ltd C:\Program Files\Glary Utilities 5\Initialize.exe
Yes Task GoogleUpdateTaskMachineCore Google Inc. C:\Program Files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe /c
Yes Task GoogleUpdateTaskMachineUA Google Inc. C:\Program Files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe /ua /installsource scheduler
Yes Task GU5SkipUAC Glarysoft Ltd C:\Program Files\Glary Utilities 5\Integrator.exe $(Arg0)

Disable these Windows Startups:
Yes HKCU:Run GUDelayStartup Glarysoft Ltd "C:\Program Files\Glary Utilities 5\StartupManager.exe" -delayrun

You can install Google Chrome after doing the above. Download from Chrome Browser

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#6 LionessLeona

LionessLeona
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2015 - 06:04 PM

I have removed Glary already and I will be honest I am not computer savvy.  Once I remove the Chrome and profile will that also remove my bookmarks and everything as well?  My registry is damaged I can tell by the items found during previous scans saying I had HKLM problems with things being disabled.  It also will not save restore points, windows defender doesn't work, along with other issues.  

#7 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,320 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2015 - 07:00 PM

You have the option to reinstall Windows. If you need help in doing that then start a new topic in the Windows 7 forum.

If you have data that you want to save before reinstalling....now is the time to do that. Doing a clean reinstall will reformat

the drive and all that is on it will be gone.

From what you have described I think that is the quickest best thing to do....reinstall Windows.

#8 LionessLeona

LionessLeona
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2015 - 08:28 PM

I am sorry I started over with the whole thing I found that some things were missing in the uninstall log and my computer was so slow it wasn't funny.  here is the new list of things on the first request.

# AdwCleaner v5.015 - Logfile created 29/10/2015 at 19:30:54
# Updated 26/10/2015 by Xplode
# Database : 2015-10-29.1 [Server]
# Operating system : Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1 (x86)
# Username : User - USER-PC
# Running from : C:\Users\User\Downloads\adwcleaner_5.015.exe
# Option : Cleaning

***** [ Services ] *****

***** [ Folders ] *****

***** [ Files ] *****

[-] File Deleted : C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Local Extension Settings\lipgolpfajiadodbcbljdpmbmbdmfcil

***** [ DLLs ] *****

***** [ Shortcuts ] *****

***** [ Scheduled tasks ] *****

***** [ Registry ] *****

***** [ Web browsers ] *****

[-] [C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Web Data] [Search Provider] Deleted : aol.com
[-] [C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Web Data] [Search Provider] Deleted : ask.com

:: Winsock settings cleared

########## EOF - C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[C4].txt - [1010 bytes] ##########

Junkware Removal Tool (JRT) by Malwarebytes
Version: 7.6.4 (09.28.2015:1)
Ran by User on Thu 10/29/2015 at 19:52:57.81

~~~ Services

~~~ Tasks

~~~ Registry Values

~~~ Registry Keys

~~~ Files

~~~ Folders

~~~ Chrome

[C:\Users\User\Appdata\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Preferences] - default search provider reset

[C:\Users\User\Appdata\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Preferences] - Extensions Deleted:

[C:\Users\User\Appdata\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Secure Preferences] - default search provider reset

[C:\Users\User\Appdata\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Secure Preferences] - Extensions Deleted:
[]

Scan was completed on Thu 10/29/2015 at 20:00:53.83
End of JRT log

Startups

No HKCU:Run DrvUpdater Kuzyakov Artur Vyacheslavovich IP C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\DRPSu\DrvUpdater.exe /hide
No HKCU:Run GUDelayStartup "C:\Program Files\Glary Utilities 5\StartupManager.exe" -delayrun
No HKCU:Run HP ENVY 7640 series (NET) Hewlett-Packard Development Company, LP "C:\Program Files\HP\HP ENVY 7640 series\Bin\ScanToPCActivationApp.exe" -deviceID "TH4AR260D7063T:NW" -scfn "HP ENVY 7640 series (NET)" -AutoStart 1
No HKCU:Run Skype Skype Technologies S.A. "C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" /minimized /regrun
Yes HKCU:Run SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
No HKLM:Run APSDaemon Apple Inc. "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support\APSDaemon.exe"
No HKLM:Run GrooveMonitor Microsoft Corporation "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exe"
No HKLM:Run HP Software Update Hewlett-Packard C:\Program Files\Hp\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
No HKLM:Run iTunesHelper Apple Inc. "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
No HKLM:Run USB Optical Mouse "C:\Program Files\USB Optical Mouse\USB Optical Mouse\MouseHid.exe"
No Startup Common Microsoft Office.lnk Microsoft Corporation C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\OSA.EXE -b -l
No Startup User Dropbox.lnk Dropbox, Inc. C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\Dropbox.exe /systemstartup
No Startup User Dropbox.lnk.disabled C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\Dropbox.lnk.disabled
No Startup User OneNote 2007 Screen Clipper and Launcher.lnk Microsoft Corporation C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\ONENOTEM.EXE /tsr

Scheduled Tasks

Yes Task Seagate_Install_Launch C:\Program Files\Seagate\Seagate Dashboard 2.0\Dashboard.exe
No Task {402BEB33-5D2B-4988-9EBB-BEBB53AA9328} Microsoft Corporation C:\Windows\system32\pcalua.exe -a C:\Users\User\Downloads\air4-0_win.exe -d C:\Users\User\Downloads

Uninstall

7-Zip 9.20 Igor Pavlov 9/26/2013 3.44 MB 9.20.00.0
Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Adobe Systems Incorporated 10/17/2015 187 MB 15.009.20071
Adobe AIR Adobe Systems Incorporated 1/6/2014 4.0.0.1390
Adobe Shockwave Player 12.1 Adobe Systems, Inc 3/15/2015 53.3 MB 12.1.7.157
Apple Application Support Apple Inc. 10/5/2013 64.0 MB 2.3.6
Apple Mobile Device Support Apple Inc. 10/5/2013 24.5 MB 7.0.0.117
Apple Software Update Apple Inc. 10/5/2013 2.38 MB 2.1.3.127
Ashampoo Burning Studio 10.0.1 ashampoo GmbH & Co. KG 9/26/2013 197 MB 10.0.1
Atheros Driver Installation Program Atheros 10/5/2013 9.0
Auto-Pet-Buy version 1.2.2.2 Rodolfo U. Batista 7/8/2014 1.04 MB 1.2.2.2
Bonjour Apple Inc. 10/5/2013 0.98 MB 3.0.0.10
CCleaner Piriform 12/25/2013 4.09
Dropbox Dropbox, Inc. 5/8/2015 3.4.6
Foxit Reader Foxit Corporation 9/26/2013 35.3 MB 5.1.3.1201
Google Chrome Google Inc. 10/5/2013 46.0.2490.80
HP ENVY 7640 series Basic Device Software Hewlett-Packard Co. 2/22/2015 183 MB 34.2.117.50647
HP ENVY 7640 series Help Hewlett Packard 2/22/2015 15.7 MB 34.0.0
HP Photo Creations HP 3/1/2015 14.6 MB 1.0.0.7702
HP Support Solutions Framework Hewlett-Packard Company 2/22/2015 8.09 MB 11.51.0048
HP Update Hewlett-Packard 2/22/2015 4.04 MB 5.005.002.002
iTunes Apple Inc. 10/5/2013 203 MB 11.1.1.11
Java 7 Update 45 Oracle 1/6/2014 120 MB 7.0.450
Java 8 Update 45 Oracle Corporation 4/16/2015 9.33 MB 8.0.450
Kaspersky Internet Security Kaspersky Lab 10/6/2015 15.0.2.396
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version 2.2.0.1024 Malwarebytes 10/25/2015 65.9 MB 2.2.0.1024
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 Microsoft Corporation 3/15/2015 38.8 MB 4.5.51209
Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007 Microsoft Corporation 10/26/2013 12.0.6612.1000
Microsoft Office File Validation Add-In Microsoft Corporation 9/24/2014 10.9 MB 14.0.5130.5003
Microsoft Publisher 2002 Microsoft Corporation 1/9/2014 195 MB 10.0.6626.0
Microsoft Save as PDF or XPS Add-in for 2007 Microsoft Office programs 9/26/2013
Microsoft SkyDrive Microsoft Corporation 10/14/2013 25.1 MB 16.4.6013.0910
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Compact Edition [ENU] Microsoft Corporation 10/15/2013 1.69 MB 3.1.0000
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Microsoft Corporation 10/15/2013 298 KB 8.0.59193
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.17 Microsoft Corporation 2/22/2015 596 KB 9.0.30729
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.6161 Microsoft Corporation 2/23/2015 600 KB 9.0.30729.6161
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010  x86 Redistributable - 10.0.40219 Microsoft Corporation 5/14/2015 14.2 MB 10.0.40219
Mozilla Firefox 41.0.2 (x86 en-US) Mozilla 10/18/2015 86.1 MB 41.0.2
Mozilla Maintenance Service Mozilla 10/18/2015 391 KB 41.0.2.5765
Pale Moon 24.2.2 (x86 en-US) Mozilla 1/6/2014 55.0 MB 24.2.2
Panda Cloud Cleaner Panda Security 10/29/2015 74.5 MB 1.1.2
Product Improvement Study for HP ENVY 7640 series Hewlett-Packard Co. 2/22/2015 7.31 MB 34.2.117.50647
Skype™ 7.0 Skype Technologies S.A. 4/15/2015 47.9 MB 7.0.102
SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware.com 10/21/2015 44.3 MB 6.0.1158
TeamViewer 9 TeamViewer 2/27/2014 9.0.26297
USB Optical Mouse 2/17/2014 1.00.0000
VLC media player 1.1.11 VideoLAN 9/26/2013 1.1.11
Windows Live Essentials Microsoft Corporation 10/15/2013 16.4.3508.0205
Пакет обеспечения совместимости для выпуска 2007 системы Microsoft Office Microsoft Corporation 10/14/2015 163 MB 12.0.6612.1000

This last thing in the list is one of the things i have been wondering about and if there is a problem.  I didn't install this as i know of.  I am not computer savvy at all and  I do not want to do the wrong thing.  So I will await your instructions on how to proceed. Thank you again.

#9 LionessLeona

LionessLeona
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2015 - 08:32 PM

I just seen your new post.  I do not have the disc to do a reinstall for windows.  I am really stuck at this point.  How should i proceed now?  I was saving info on this computer to a usb drive and I was told that the usb drive i was saving info on and my old one from my old laptop years ago may be infected..Is this possible?  I have seen the Chrome symbol on the old one as well, is that possible?

Edited by LionessLeona, 29 October 2015 - 08:35 PM.

#10 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,320 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2015 - 04:36 AM

You can download a free copy of Windows 7 at Windows 7. Note that you will need the 25 digit product key. It may be seen on a label

that the manufacturer glued onto the bottom or side of the computer. If the label is missing or unreadable you can find the 25

digit product key and other product keys for other programs such as Office by using Download Win Keyfinder 1.75 Final.

No installation required for the Keyfinder. Simply download, unzip it and run it.

Once you have successfully downloaded the Windows 7 iso you will need to either burn it on a DVD or create a bootable flash drive.

You can use Windows 7 to burn to DVD or you can use Rufus - Create bootable USB drives the easy way

As to whether flash drives can be infected...absolutely.

The last entry in the installed programs is in Russian. It translates to: Compatibility Pack for the Microsoft Office file formats Word, Excel and PowerPoint

#11 LionessLeona

LionessLeona
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2015 - 09:08 PM

Thank you so much.  I would like to ask you, is there anyway to clean a usb at all.  I am desperate at this point.  My whole life is on these usb's pictures and etc.  I would appreciate anything you can think of that i could do.

#12 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,320 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2015 - 04:25 AM

I think that once you have reinstalled Windows on the computer, start a new topic in the Malware Removal Forum here for

cleaning up the flash drives. If it can be done, they will do it. Directions for doing that:

Please follow the instructions in the Malware Removal and Log Section Preparation Guide starting at Step 6.

• If you cannot complete a step, then skip it and continue with the next.
  • In Step 6 there are instructions for downloading and running FRST which will create two logs.

When you have done that, post your logs in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum, NOT here, for assistance by the Malware Response Team.

Start a new topic, give it a relevant title and post your log(s) along with a brief description of your problem, a summary of any anti-malware tools you have used and a summary of any steps that you have performed on your own. If you cannot produce any of the required logs...start the new topic anyway. Explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happened when you tried to create them. A member of the Malware Removal Team will walk you through, step by step, on how to clean your computer.

After doing this, please reply back in this thread with a link to the new topic so we can close this one.

DO NOT bump your new topic. Wait for a response from one of the Team Members.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users