The 10 Biggest Security Risks You Don't Know About
From the August 2006 issue of PC World magazine
Posted Thursday, June 22, 2006
There are ways we can minimize our risk, however. The first step in mounting a good defense is to know what's coming at you, so I've compiled a list of ten serious security problems that you need to be aware of. To protect yourself, you should of course know how to keep your PC patched and your antimalware tools current. In addition, I'll provide tips to help you avoid these new dangers, and to contain the damage if you do get hit.
In This Article:
* Zombie PC Armies Set to Attack
* Your Stolen Data Free on the Web
* Phishers Co-opt Legitimate Sites
* The Human Security Hole
* Crooks Redirect Your Browser to Their Scam Web Sites
* Rootkits and Viruses Partner Up
* Viruses Call Up Your Cell Phone
* Malware on Your Passport?
* Your Data Held for Ransom
* No Safe Haven: Threats Plague All Platforms