Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Toshiba Satellite s855-s5378 - Internet Not Connected - No connections are avail

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mistamor

mistamor

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 AM

Posted 27 October 2015 - 09:30 PM

I have a Toshiba Satellite s855-s5378 that was originally a windows 8 but had it rebooted/cleared out and reinstalled with Windows 7.

I do not have any internet connection. Theres a computer icon on the bottom right corner of my taskbar with a red x on it and when I hover my mouse over it, it says "not connected - no connections are available."

When I click on that, it says "You are currently not connected to any networks"

--

Can anyone please assist me here? Not super savvy on how to troubleshoot this

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,426 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 AM

Posted 27 October 2015 - 09:44 PM

Is there a yellow exclamation mark next to Network Controller in Device Manager? 

Right Click Computer > Properties > Select Device Manager in the Left Pane

Right click the device with the yellow exclamation mark. Select Properties and under the Details tab select Hardware Ids in the dropdown box. Copy and post the first line.

And Welcome to BC.

Edited by JohnC_21, 27 October 2015 - 09:44 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users