Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

[Suggestion] Replace "Latest Tutorials" by "Latest News" in the right-pane?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,670 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 PM

Posted 27 October 2015 - 02:37 PM

I think it would be a good idea to replace the "Latest Tutorials" section in the right-pane of the BleepingComputer Forum page for "Latest News", because the latest tutorial is from 2013 (we're almost in 2016) and there's way more News being posted than Tutorials. It would put the accent on the News and hopefully attract more views. I would also raise it's position and put it right after "Recent Topics", since there's also more News than Downloads and they would be more easily noticable that way.

So by the screenshot, replace the section inside the box by "Latest News", and move it in between "Recent Topics" and "Latest Downloads".

ilELcwm.png

I would even put the "Latest Virus Removal Guides" before the "Latest Downloads" but that's me.

Thoughts?

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allen

Allen

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 AM

Posted 27 October 2015 - 02:50 PM

Agreed, that would be a nice idea.

Hey everyone I'm Allen I am a young web developer/designer/programmer I also help people with computer issues including hardware problems, malware/viruses infections and software conflicts. I am a kind and easy to get along with person so if you need help feel free to ask.

#3 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,670 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2015 - 10:38 AM

Any comeback on that idea from the Staff? :P

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,670 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2015 - 10:34 AM

Another bump. Grinler, your thoughts? :P

unite_blue.png

#5 Al1000

Al1000

• Global Moderator
  • 7,883 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 AM

Posted 05 November 2015 - 11:09 AM

So by the screenshot, replace the section inside the box by "Latest News", and move it in between "Recent Topics" and "Latest Downloads".

That's a good idea. Particularly as the "Latest Tutorials" section doesn't include tutorials from the Linux How-To and Tutorial sub-forum, but then if it did, all the tutorials in the Latest Tutorials section would be about Linux. :)

Alternatively, there's plenty of space in that right hand column to add a section about news; it would just mean moving other sections down the page if a new news section was to be added above them.

#6 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,670 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2015 - 07:58 AM

Alternatively, there's plenty of space in that right hand column to add a section about news; it would just mean moving other sections down the page if a new news section was to be added above them.

That's right :)

unite_blue.png

#7 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,622 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2015 - 02:05 PM

I will add the news section, but going to leave the tutorials in there. I plan on adding some shortly for windows 10. Just have to install it first, which I plan on doing this weekend.

#8 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,670 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2015 - 04:11 PM

Alright thank you for the update Grinler :) Ouh, new tutorials, can't wait to read them :P

unite_blue.png

#9 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,670 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2016 - 10:50 AM

Bumpity.

Just wondering if that is still on your to-do list Grinler?

unite_blue.png

#10 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,622 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2016 - 06:38 PM

Added the news list the sidebar.

I will be adding my first tutorial in almost 3 years tomorrow.

I want to get back to writing tutorials and making this site what it was originally created for!

Anyone who wants to help write tutorials, you are more than welcome to. PM me to discuss.

#11 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,670 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2016 - 06:49 PM

Awesome, thanks Grinler!

Once I finish a few things, I might be able to write a few tutorials. I have a few ones ready that I could adjust for publishing here (add more pictures, descriptions, etc.)

unite_blue.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users