Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win 10 screen goes blank after loadin

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kaz20

kaz20

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 AM

Posted 27 October 2015 - 12:59 PM

I have a Lenovo t400. now the screen works on everything up till i see the loading of win10. then after it loads the screen is just black.  the screen is lit but just nothing is showing. any one have any ideas? I will continue to work on it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2015 - 09:44 AM

Have you tried Startup/Automatic Repair?  http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2294-advanced-startup-options-boot-windows-10-a.html

Have you tried to boot into Safe Mode?  You can get to that in the Startup Settings page of Advanced Startup Options in the above link.

Can you see things in Safe Mode?

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 kaz20

kaz20
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2015 - 12:08 PM

hey sorry been a while but i fixed it. i turned off the fast boot feature for it. it takes a minute after the black screen but it eventually gets to the sign in screen

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2015 - 01:19 PM

Set a System Restore point.

Then update the video drivers to see if that helps the system get to a usable screen faster.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,914 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 AM

Posted 17 November 2015 - 01:29 PM

If we're talking about this Lenovo T400 the lack of speed on fast boot is far more likely to be secondary to the hardware itself than the drivers.  That's a really ancient laptop and if fast boot is off it can and will take quite a while to boot compared to newer equipment.

People have gotten used to fast boot boot times, and fast boot isn't a clean boot, but a hybrid between booting and hibernation.  It's not a full hibernation, but quite a bit is written out to a hiberfile and read back in at boot time, meaning that a lot of initialization steps don't have to take place.  If you're used to that, and then shut it off, it often feels like it's taking an eternity for the system to boot and that's because you're not used to it doing a real, full shutdown and a completely clean boot at each power-up.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts.  Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.

~ Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users